Author Topic: Yamaha RX-v1600 not being detected.  (Read 11890 times)

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Yamaha RX-v1600 not being detected.
« on: December 16, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »
I have a Yamaha RX-v1600 receiver that was previously being auto detected and controlled by LMCE.  I recently deleted the MD image and rebuilt it fresh.  Now the MD only detects the Serial USB dongle and does not detect the Receiver.  In addition, after detecting the USB serial device and reloading the router, it detects it again and repeats the installation.  Does anyone know what this issue is, or how I can go about fixing it?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha RX-v1600 not being detected.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 03:01:03 am »
did you delete the device?

-Thom

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:20:53 am »
Enigmus,

after the USB serial device was continually being detected did you tell LMCE to permanently ignore the device?

my TV was working fine connected to the MD via a USB-RS232 converter (while waiting for a com port daughter board - before TSCHAK Thwaps me).  A couple of wks ago, after an update the USB-RS232 converter was detected I added it but it continued to detect it so I told it to permanently ignore it.  since then the TV control has not worked.  I haven't gone to delete it from the unknown device list because I thought I would wait for the com port to arrive.

you might want to try it

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:13:07 am »
Yes, I deleted the serial USB device.  It just keeps detecting it.  I have told the system to permanently ignore, but that doesn't get me any closer to getting control back of the receiver.  Thoughts, Ideas? 

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 03:54:50 pm »
I will try to get this working over the weekend and let you know how I get on

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 03:55:04 am »
Really? Thanks...I am curious as to what you are investigating specifically.

Kaelix

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 06:39:41 am »
I have the exact same problem with an Onkyo receiver. I updated the system recently to get the wiimote updates and to try and fix some mythtv storage groups issues. All that got resolved, but now the Onkyo receiver attached to my core/hybrid no longer responds to rs232 commands.

I've tested the receiver and the cable attached to my laptop and I can see it echo commands in hyperterm when I power it on/off, raise volume, mute, etc; So i know the cable and receiver are still working fine. When i connect it back to my core's com1 (serial header on the mb) nothing happens.

I've tried to manually run the pnp script (which worked fine before) 20_OnkyoReceiver.sh and it says it's not an Onkyo receiver.  TestSerialPort doesn't seem to be sending anything.  I try to manually add the device and (looking at the admin page) it gets disabled and not registered. I look at the logs for the generic serial device that's created when adding the receiver and it says something about conn_ not being valid or not initalized in command 355, which is the ruby initalize method I believe. I'm not sure how to fix this, and i don't have all the exact log details because I got frustrated enough that I just enabled USBUIRT to control my receiver. I would like to go back to serial control if a fix can be found.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 04:48:00 pm »
Kaelix,

do you have a USB-RS232 converter in that device? or anywhere in your system?

Enigmus,
well, looking at the multiple devices added all with slightly different MAC adresses and they seem to be in the wrong place on the device tree (I think) I think there is something wrong with the device template.  So what I did is removed the Plug and Play info from the device template so it would not find the devices again and then deleted the devices from the device tree and the unknown devices list and then restarted.  unfortunately this doesn't make the device work again like it did before the template was created.

Kaelix

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:02:17 pm »
I had a  PL-2303 usb to serial on the hybrid/core which was working fine before the update. After the update it stopped working, and started withe pnp loop. The adapter never asked to be added before, so that was strange, but the only way to stop it was to ignore it always, so I disconnected it.

I thought maybe it had gone bad, so I found that the MB on the core/hybrid had a serial header, I bought the stuff to be able to connect to that serial port directly on the mb which the system sees as /dev/ttyS0, but still the receiver would not detect with the pnp script, and when manually adding the device template for it, it would disable and not register it.

If I hookup the hybrid/core with a null modem cable to my laptop with a com port, using hyperterm on the windows side (laptop) and minicom on the hybrid/core, if I start typing I see echos of some data on the opposite machine, the characters are funky, but it looks like there's communication. At this point i think my port and cable are fine, but something in system no longer wants to work.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 01:31:22 am »
@Techstyle: I appreciated you taking a look into this.

@Kaelix:  Now that you mention it I seem to recall that too.  The system never identified the USB Serial adapter before.  It would simply see the receiver.  I imagine that is a direct relationship to the issue.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 12:41:54 am »
I agree, it does have a direct relationship to the 'Generic USB to RS232 dongle' template (#1811)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 11:21:51 am »
Same problem here. USB to RS232 adapter stuck in the pnp loop. Generic USB to RS232 dongle #1811. Denon 2307 no longer gets detected as a result. I thought my cable might have been dodgy, but maybe not.

I can't remember exactly when this happened, but it was several weeks ago. If I had to guess I'd say maybe the Update 2010-09-16 23289 .

Sorry - I guess I should have reported it immediately, but I couldn't do any isolation testing... Should we submit a bug?

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »
Wanted to bump this.  I'm hoping progress was made in the interim.

Bumaster108

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 08:43:46 pm »
I have the same problems with an Onkyo receiver and LG TV after a recent update.  Both are connected through a USB to serial dongle.  I told the system to ignore the USB to serial device to avoid the auto-detection pop ups.

Edit: I just wanted to note that this was working correctly for me prior to 2010-12-05 23479 and 2010-12-16 23525.  I can't remember if I applied both updates at the same time, or if I had used 2010-12-05 23479 before upgrading to 2010-12-16 23525.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:46:58 pm by Bumaster108 »

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 01:27:50 pm »
Just wanted to bump this.  Had not heard any recent progress.  I bought a serial port card to see if that may provide a temporary solution.  I'll be work with that next weekend.