Author Topic: MD with 1 GB ram _really_ slow!  (Read 4042 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
MD with 1 GB ram _really_ slow!
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:49:37 pm »
I installed a Hybrid Core on a VMware Server virtual machine, with 256 MB RAM. It's also my DHCP server, currently. The Core responds within 5 seconds to all clicks, but the MD never responds within 1 minute. It even has 1 GB RAM, and a faster CPU... Multiple reboots don't help, so it looks like it is the network. The VM Core has fast networking to an orbiter running on my Windows Server, so that isn't it...

Does anyone know a solution?

-- Bas

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
MD with 1 GB ram _really_ slow!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:48:24 pm »
not sure if it helps but the md has the operating system on core.
if the core is slow the md will be slow to, even if the md is a super fast comp.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: MD with 1 GB ram _really_ slow!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:01:08 pm »
Quote from: "NTAuthority"
I installed a Hybrid Core on a VMware Server virtual machine, with 256 MB RAM. It's also my DHCP server, currently. The Core responds within 5 seconds to all clicks, but the MD never responds within 1 minute. It even has 1 GB RAM, and a faster CPU... Multiple reboots don't help, so it looks like it is the network. The VM Core has fast networking to an orbiter running on my Windows Server, so that isn't it...

Does anyone know a solution?

-- Bas

Well we usually use a minmum of 512mb of RAM in a hybrid Core and often 1gb.  We have never attempted to run a Core with little RAM, 256mb is pretty tight, so I would say that this could be the real problem.