Author Topic: Incoming phone calls does not pause live TV.  (Read 6278 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Incoming phone calls does not pause live TV.
« on: December 09, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »
Hia,
before the last install, when i got an incoming phone call, live tv paused and while i used the phone (any of the devices), live tv remained paused. After the last install (end of october), when the phone rings, live tv pauses, but as soon i pick the phone, live tv starts again.
Anyone aware of it? Is this the correct behaviour or was the before correct?
BR,
Paulo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:52:35 pm by pw44 »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming phone calls does not pause live TV.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:20:56 pm »
This is correct behaviour. We have no code (and there is no way to consistently determine for some devices) whether an external phone's hook has been engaged/disengaged.

The functionality you describe only works consistently for the media director phones, which I keep telling people to use, but nobody seems to listen to me.

-Thom

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:37 pm »
I believe there are Asterisk API calls we can use (need to do more research) to determine when an analog phone is off hook.  It's a moot point at the moment with everything else going on, but an avenue we may be able to use to handle this situation in the future.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:39:41 pm »
cool okay.

-Thom

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 06:16:14 pm »
The functionality you describe only works consistently for the media director phones, which I keep telling people to use, but nobody seems to listen to me.

Thom,

You refer to using this kind of thing, correct? http://www.onevideo.co.uk/solo-usb-microphone.html

How do you find it to live with? Can this be used with a handset of some description, or is it "speaker phone" only?

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:14:37 pm »
Thom, I just checked and there is an ExtensionStatus event emitted by Asterisk's AMI API which we have support for most of built into our Asterisk device, should be pretty trivial to watch for that Asterisk generated event and blast out a DCE event.  Not sure exactly how we're doing this for MD phones, but this seems like a more proper way to handle it since we could capture all phones from a single place.  Let me know what issues you see with this approach, maybe it's something I can look at once we hammer through all the other changes that are going to have to happen.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:37:19 pm »
I can assure that it worked before (previous install, from november 2009).
Having an income call, picked on one of the phone devices (in my case, one of the ciscos 7970 or the other sip device, a linksys pap2t-na), live tv paused during the call, returning after hang up.
After the install on october 2010, it pause when it rings, and after pick up, it plays, being necessary to pause via the remote (gyration).

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 09:02:24 pm »
I'm thinking you probably just didn't notice it before, I don't see the logic built in to handle it anywhere...unless I'm just overlooking it.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 09:08:54 pm »

Thom,

You refer to using this kind of thing, correct? http://www.onevideo.co.uk/solo-usb-microphone.html

How do you find it to live with? Can this be used with a handset of some description, or is it "speaker phone" only?

Cheers,
Matt.

Correct, it provides a nice 10 foot radius for a speaker phone, just attach speakers to it to provide the necessary echo cancellation and go.

-Thom

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »
Wasn't me who noticed it, but my girlfriend, who liked it i lot ;) When she spent the night with we, she was surprised when she watched live tv and the incoming call paused the tv, until the end of the call. She asked me yesterday, after returning from a trip what i did because the pause wasn't working as before..... so i remembered that i did reinstall from scratch at the end of october, one day after she travelled.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »
Ok, i do have a solo mic. The reason i am not using it is because my md's sound output is the optical one, connected to my amplifier. Plugging in the solo, the sound card is replaced on next boot by the solo usb sound output, and no more optical output, so, no more dts, dolby, etc.... :(

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 04:13:59 pm »
This has been known to happen, and is a bug in alsa in 0810. The solution is to plug the solo in AFTER booting.

-Thom