Author Topic: Not sure whats wrong.  (Read 2998 times)

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Not sure whats wrong.
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:17:20 am »
Hello all,
   I have a Hybrid core up and running great.... svn 23438. Everytime the Diskless MD boots, it boots to a blank screen. I can SSH into the MD after it boots, but it continues to have a blank screen after startup. I am running a XFX GeForce 7950 via Component. I can see the kubuntu splash, after that it becomes blank. The FAQ on the wiki was no help, I tried to run the /usr/pluto/bin/RebootWithAVWizard with no avail. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.

_Nate (o:`,

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Not sure whats wrong.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:45:47 am »
did you try pressing buttons on the device keyboard like 1 - 5. It more than likely is on the wrong output and you just need to switch it. There are hotkeys (1-5) specifically so you dont have to move displays around. Give that a try and see what happens.

The numbering may be different based on card manufacturer. I generally press a number, and if nothing changes in 10 sec, i press esc, wait another 5 and go onto the next number.

hope that helps
-golgoj4
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/AV_Wizard_Step_by_Step
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:16:22 am »
I was able to bring up a console and then I did the rebootwithavwizard.sh and the same thing happened. Are there some "Safe" settings I can manually input under the Media Directors device data fields to make it boot up w/o being blank.... I am running a JVC 52 Inch 1080p LCD TV.

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:41:40 am »
Or you could read this sticky post. http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3931.0  Or it could be that your installation  media is compromised due to the version of kubuntu you are using is obsolete.  If the previous posts link and the link I am providing don't help then you might consider reinstalling with an earlier version of linuxmce snapshot.  I use 23388 but since you are connected to the hdmi output and they are not auto detected the vga output is probably the one that is active and your problem is what is stated in the info provided in these links.

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:35:32 pm »
Thanks, that helped, and I was able to get it working.