Author Topic: Squeezeslave Problems  (Read 3303 times)

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Squeezeslave Problems
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:57:49 pm »
I have four sound cards powered by squeezeslave working fine with Squeezebox Server on the core, and I have them defined in the web admin as Squeezeboxes with rooms defined for each one. I can stream music to them perfectly through the web interface, at http://192.168.80.1:9000/, but when I try to control them with an Orbiter it will allow me to select audio and then never starts: the time elapsed for the song doesn't even come up on the orbiter.

Anyone been in the situation?

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Squeezeslave Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:12:43 am »
what do you see logged in the router log when you attempt to play a file via an orbiter?
is there anything logged in the files the squeezeslave daemons are using?

-Coley.

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 03:22:42 am »
Which log exactly on the router? :/ Sorry and I have the windows version of Squeezeslave running in a command prompt just printing the debug information into the console and nothing happens when I try to play something with the orbiter

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 12:33:57 pm »
Check /var/log/pluto/DCERouter.log as both media-plugin and Slimserver-plugin are loaded by DCERouter.
Under Devices tree in Webadmin select DCERouter on the navigation panel and then click follow log link on the right-hand frame. This will open a window tailing the log file, errors should appear in red.

-Coley.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:30:58 pm »
the time elapsed for the song doesn't even come up on the orbiter.

This is currently normal behavior.  Orbiter does not display the track times when playing on a squeezeslave.

J.

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 07:40:18 am »
Ok, been busy with school but I finally figured out that I had two instances of squeezeslave running at once with the same mac address defined :/ I guess I won't work at night on anything headless again...