Author Topic: Los93soL Android Touch Orbiter  (Read 40847 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Los93soL Android Touch Orbiter
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 10:48:55 am »
Just tried loading this on my girls HTC evo, and it dies the same thing. I used the link at the top of this thread, downloaded it, and then installed it.

It's definitely not a processing issue on this phone.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I installed the Orbiter on a Eken M002 (Android 1.6) and have the same problem...

Regards
Johannes

What problem are you guys having?  If you can provide more detail I can dig into the issue.

Were you able to create the orbiter?  Did you see it's progress on the phone while it was generating?  Did you make sure to get all the latest web admin packages per the instructions in the first post of this thread?  Do you get any pop up dialogs on the device?

Lots of little things that still need to be validated, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of attempting to automate the creation and management of the orbiter itself.  With the testing that's been done so far I've nailed down a lot of bugs and this thing has evolved pretty quickly to work out a lot of these issues already.

Crawtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 03:51:46 am »
Hi

Working fine for me after the svn update on my Samsung Galaxy S and my 10" epad but I have resolution problem  on the Samsung Galaxy Tab not being set right it has a 1024X600 screen and I do not think we support that as yet ???

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:56:01 am by Crawtech »

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 04:27:44 am »
Hi

Working fine for me after the svn update on my Samsung Galaxy S and my 10" epad but I have resolution problem  on the Samsung Galaxy Tab not being set right it has a 1024X600 screen and I do not think we support that as yet ???

Thanks
Chris

That's the beauty of this solution, it adds those oddball resolutions on the fly, you might need to use the Forced Landscape option for that device, try checking that option and clicking Update Orbiter.  It may well just solve your issue.  Let me know how it goes.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 08:34:20 pm »
How do Aw update the pluto website admin?

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 08:38:03 pm »
How do Aw update the pluto website admin?

The instructions are on the first post, please read through it carefully, this is not a production quality app, and there is a lot of important information in that first post.  I keep it updated with new information from this thread and new developments so you don't have to hunt through a bunch of posts to get the important info.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:50 am »
sorry, looked right past that svn update. i did the update, and saw the configuring going on the screen after reinstalling the app and removing my old orbiters to be fresh. Now,I'm stuck at the "login failed. check settings?" so  i checked the settings and now have different options. I tried the use login, and that didn't work either (used same login as my original one to login to the LMCE web admin).

I went into the web login and noticed that the size wasn't set, so  I tried changing that, then doing a full regen, and still nothing. getting the login failed prompt on my phone. same thing happens on the EVO.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 04:04:14 am »
weird. Got it though.  I added the add keyboard settings line and then changed my login to my standard login to the box, and that worked.

Need to try on the EVO.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 02:54:21 pm »
sorry, looked right past that svn update. i did the update, and saw the configuring going on the screen after reinstalling the app and removing my old orbiters to be fresh. Now,I'm stuck at the "login failed. check settings?" so  i checked the settings and now have different options. I tried the use login, and that didn't work either (used same login as my original one to login to the LMCE web admin).

I went into the web login and noticed that the size wasn't set, so  I tried changing that, then doing a full regen, and still nothing. getting the login failed prompt on my phone. same thing happens on the EVO.

Regarding the different setup settings screen, there is the Setup Wizard screen that you see initially and there is also the Orbiter Settings screen which you will not see unless you're device has been configured to be an orbiter.  You can access the Setup Wizard through the Orbiter Settings screen.  There is a dividing line between these setup screens that is important to realize, you have server side settings (Setup Wizard) and you have client side settings (Orbiter Settings).  Hope that clears things up a bit, I'll have to think through how to make this more clear to the user.  If you have any ideas I'd like to hear them.

As a side note here the Require Login feature in the orbiter app is a local Login only, it does not have any interaction with your core so you can set that username and password to be whatever you want and it will have no effect on the orbiter.

I'm most interested that your size did not get set.  Can you tell me exactly what you did when you loaded the app to see if I can reproduce the issue, there may be something I haven't considered that caused it.  Also, can you please try to reproduce the issue on your end and provide some details as to how to make it happen.

weird. Got it though.  I added the add keyboard settings line and then changed my login to my standard login to the box, and that worked.

Need to try on the EVO.

I'm not sure what keyboard settings line you're talking about, is this a devicedata setting on your core?  Where did you find out about it so I can check into its functionality.

Please see my above comment about the login, shouldn't matter.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 07:13:00 pm »
hey los93sol,

I am the keyboard support was in regards to this:
To Get Required Changes For Keyboard Support (Continued from above instructions)

* cp /home/lmce-admin/operations/myDevices/orbiters/proxySocket.php /var/www/lmce-admin/operations/myDevices/orbiters/proxySocket.php

I then needed to use my actual username and pas for kubuntu (not my lmce web-admin login) and I was able to then use the orbiter.

Let me walk through the installation and generation of the orbiter tonight after work and I'll post my steps and what happens/doesn't happen.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 02:35:59 am »
I downloaded the apk again from your link and tried again.

I noticed on the orbiter screen on the web admin that the app created 5 generic proxy orbiters and one orbiter with the proper information, BUT the app froze at 9% of stage 1 of 2 of generating orbiter.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 03:45:30 am »
my computer did NOT like the changes. It started beeping at me and everything. I went to the advanced > configuration > devices, then to the core, and noticed that it created 6 generic web orbiters as well. So I shut down my PC, restarted, and then after it reloaded properly, I removed all of the generic web orbiters and their proxy orbiters.

I created a new web orbiter using the standard method listed here, http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Web_Orbiter_2.0 and then just used the app to log into it, and everything seems to be working fine. Really don't understand what made the PC go into a tissy and start beeping at me, but it was directly related to the orbiter generation. It stopped once I stopped the generation of the orbiter that the phone was trying to produce....

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:56 am »
Hi Los93sol

The install partially works on my HTC Desire HD. After the initial install and going through the setup, it created the orbiter and generated the orbiter screens with the phone showing the progress.

It then came up with the orbiter and all was looking good, except that my taps on the screen don't match up with the buttons. When I tap buttons on the bottom row (eg Power) it thinks I'm pressing buttons on the seurity row for my cameras. Taps on the camera buttons then call the dial buttons.

For the initial setup, I set the skin to "Basic" and the UI to "Normal Horizontal (16:9)". When I looked at the orbiter in the web admin, the size(PK_Size) is empty, the ScreenWidth is 800 and the Screen Height is 600. The device has a 800x480 screen. The default room and description that was set in the setup wizard also didn't get populated in the orbiter that was created.

I tried manually changing some settings. I tried various combinations of either the 4:3 or 16:9 Normal Horizontal UI's and different screen sizes(by both the PK_Size and the ScreenHeight and ScreenWidth settings), but I couldn't get anything to fix the buttons being off. If I set the screen size to anything that has a dimension larger than the phones screen, I wouldn't get anything, just a blank screen. I've also tried re-doing the setup wizard to create new devices and using different settings, but I always end up with the same result of the buttons not matching.

It looks great though, and even though it isn't hitting the right buttons, it responds quick.

Thanks

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »
Hi Los93sol

The install partially works on my HTC Desire HD. After the initial install and going through the setup, it created the orbiter and generated the orbiter screens with the phone showing the progress.

It then came up with the orbiter and all was looking good, except that my taps on the screen don't match up with the buttons. When I tap buttons on the bottom row (eg Power) it thinks I'm pressing buttons on the seurity row for my cameras. Taps on the camera buttons then call the dial buttons.

For the initial setup, I set the skin to "Basic" and the UI to "Normal Horizontal (16:9)". When I looked at the orbiter in the web admin, the size(PK_Size) is empty, the ScreenWidth is 800 and the Screen Height is 600. The device has a 800x480 screen. The default room and description that was set in the setup wizard also didn't get populated in the orbiter that was created.

I tried manually changing some settings. I tried various combinations of either the 4:3 or 16:9 Normal Horizontal UI's and different screen sizes(by both the PK_Size and the ScreenHeight and ScreenWidth settings), but I couldn't get anything to fix the buttons being off. If I set the screen size to anything that has a dimension larger than the phones screen, I wouldn't get anything, just a blank screen. I've also tried re-doing the setup wizard to create new devices and using different settings, but I always end up with the same result of the buttons not matching.

It looks great though, and even though it isn't hitting the right buttons, it responds quick.

Thanks

same problem here on the HTC N1 (Froyo)...

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 12:09:52 am »
Use the setup wizard on the phone to set the UI to 4:3 and update the orbiter and try again please.  The key is to do it on the phone.  Let me know what happens.

Randall

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 05:53:35 am »
I'm just wondering if this will work with any android tablet or if there is anything specific I should look out for.  Cheap 7-10" android tablets, the 'aPad', 'ePad', and 'gPad' :o, all seem to be readily available locally but each has slightly different specs.  Is it even worth considering one of these as a cheap android orbiter?