Author Topic: Plutohome and HDTV  (Read 6472 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« on: January 02, 2007, 12:10:57 pm »
Hi,

Does somebody to try Plutohome on resolution 1600Ñ…1200 to watch HDTV? It seems it has a big problems with performance. Xine takes about 100%!

Also, there is no way to set real HDTV resolution 1920x1080.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:24:14 pm »
My projector requires odd timings, so I had to put a custom ModeLine in my xorg.conf.  Did the trick though.  Not sure if this would help with your HD resolution, but it's worth a shot.  I added the following to the Monitor section of my xorg.conf:

Code: [Select]
       ModeLine        "1368x768" 79.603 1368 1440 1464 1768 768 769 783 804 -hsync -vsync
        HorizSync       28-500
        VertRefresh     56

I had the Powerstrip settings for my projector, but managed to find the xorg ModeLine string with a little help from google.  I'm guessing your display will be out there somewhere too.  Hope that helps.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:47:01 pm »
i managed to set 1080p on my monitor using pluto-admin website > devices > media directors
i'm using a nvidia 6200 card.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:51:35 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"
i managed to set 1080p on my monitor using pluto-admin website > devices > media directors
i'm using a nvidia 6200 card.

Ok, maybe my card doesn't recognize this resolution. But I have another issue about HDTV. Time to time the picture is freeze. Maybe it's also because I have wrong card? I use motherboard Asus A8V with built-in nVidia card.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
you can check the mem/cpu usage from time to time
the most common issue is that xorg uses the cpu intensively

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 04:57:15 pm »
you can check the mem/cpu usage from time to time
the most common issue is that xorg uses the cpu intensively

Yes, that's correct. But how to solve this? Use power processor and more memory? Plus some advanced video card? Can you give me an example of your MD for HDTV, please?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 05:01:47 pm »
it's a known bug in nvidia drivers. we have systems with 2 cpu's and 1 gig of memory and sometimes the movie is slow.
we're trying to fix it somehow

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:53:21 pm »
it's a known bug in nvidia drivers. we have systems with 2 cpu's and 1 gig of memory and sometimes the movie is slow.

It seems that nVidia doesn't give to Linux users full-functional drivers for its products. So, I'm afraid that it maybe difficult to concurrent with MCE :(

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 10:46:49 pm »

DIs it better to instal proprietary nvidia drivers? I heard that is better for MythTV.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Plutohome and HDTV
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 11:54:05 am »
Quote from: "vkangin"

DIs it better to instal proprietary nvidia drivers? I heard that is better for MythTV.

Hi Dan,

I have placed libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 instead libXvMC.so.1 into /etc/X11/XvMCConfig and HD palayback now FIXED!!! DivX with resolution 1920x1080 takes almost all processor time but playback looks very good!!!

My system is

Build-in NVIDIA GeForce 6150
Athlon 64 3500+

Regards,
Vladimir