Author Topic: Windows Share  (Read 4312 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Windows Share
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:10:57 pm »
I've created a Windows Share device under my Core.  I've defined IP Address, Share Name, Username and Password.  However the share never mounts.  Greping for the sharename (fuzzywuzzybear) I see the following:

Code: [Select]
dev/xconsole:Dec 30 14:09:02 dcerouter automount[20988]: mount(generic): failed to mount //192.168.80.1/fuzzywuzzybear (type cifs) on /mnt/device/39

However, the IP I've defined is 192.168.80.50 (my Windows box), not 192.168.80.1 (the Pluto box / DCERouter).  I am able to map the share via commandline using smbmount and the correct IP, but I have no idea how to get Pluto to use the .50 address instead of the .1 address.

Can anyone help?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Windows Share
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:32:57 pm »
since last release we made that any windows shares are detected automatically by router. you'll be prompted with a message on screen.

now, this doesn't solve you issue, but i'm sure it's a settings issue.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Share
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »
Quote from: "Bandito"
I've created a Windows Share device under my Core.  I've defined IP Address, Share Name, Username and Password.  However the share never mounts.  Greping for the sharename (fuzzywuzzybear) I see the following:

Code: [Select]
dev/xconsole:Dec 30 14:09:02 dcerouter automount[20988]: mount(generic): failed to mount //192.168.80.1/fuzzywuzzybear (type cifs) on /mnt/device/39

However, the IP I've defined is 192.168.80.50 (my Windows box), not 192.168.80.1 (the Pluto box / DCERouter).  I am able to map the share via commandline using smbmount and the correct IP, but I have no idea how to get Pluto to use the .50 address instead of the .1 address.

Can anyone help?

Hmmm... 192.168.80.50 is inside the default range that Core will use for Pluto devices. Your Windows box should get an address in the 80.129 to 80.254 range (if you've left the defaults in place) and this address will be automatically allocated by the Cores DHCP server. Let the Core allocate it a valid IP for a non-pluto device and then the auto detection scripts should do the rest for you.

Cheers

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:46:28 pm »
Quote from: "totallymaxed"
Hmmm... 192.168.80.50 is inside the default range that Core will use for Pluto devices. Your Windows box should get an address in the 80.129 to 80.254 range (if you've left the defaults in place) and this address will be automatically allocated by the Cores DHCP server. Let the Core allocate it a valid IP for a non-pluto device and then the auto detection scripts should do the rest for you.

Thanks Andrew.  I hadn't thought of that.  I've statically assigned the IP of this box since it acts as a server for other functions, and it was .1.50 before, so I decided to just stick with .50 for the last octet.  I did modify the DHCP range of Pluto before doing this, so that the range for MDs ends at .49.

So, if I'm to use Pluto to hand out an IP to this box so that it automatically detects Windows shares, how would I go about setting up a DHCP Reservation?  I'd like its IP to always be the same, whatever that may be.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:31:49 pm »
Quote from: "Bandito"
Quote from: "totallymaxed"

Thanks Andrew.  I hadn't thought of that.  I've statically assigned the IP of this box since it acts as a server for other functions, and it was .1.50 before, so I decided to just stick with .50 for the last octet.  I did modify the DHCP range of Pluto before doing this, so that the range for MDs ends at .49.

So, if I'm to use Pluto to hand out an IP to this box so that it automatically detects Windows shares, how would I go about setting up a DHCP Reservation?  I'd like its IP to always be the same, whatever that may be.

Not sure what you need to do to reserve a static address for your share. We have not tried that here.

But after the Core has issued an address to your Windows share you should then see a screen appear on your MD's asking you if would like to use the shares and whether you would like to use the Pluto directory structure. Once you have set that up you will see a series of progress messages appear briefly in the top right hand corner of each MD's screen. This may take a few minutes. Once complete you can test your shares by ripping a CD/DVD to your new share!