Author Topic: Device driver for EIB? Any user/dealers from germany around?  (Read 3636 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Hi,

in your download site I found a device driver called EIB. Is this a driver for the European Installation Bus? Would be great because this is an very popular home automation bus in germany/europe.

Btw: Are there any dealers/users from germany around?

Best regards
Carsten

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Device driver for EIB? Any user/dealers from germany around?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:04:46 am »
Yes, it works fine with the EIB bus, and is currently in use.  Under wizard/devices/interfaces, just add the eib interface.  You'll need a rs232->eib adapter--we use the Gira models, but I know there are others.

Then just add your lights, thermostats, etc., and position them on the floorplan.  You can create lighting scenerios that mix eib and other devices.  And you don't need to program anything to create new scenarios.  Plus you can control the lights interactively on the floorplan.  It also handles temperature readouts, etc.

There's also a utility that will import the group addresses from the ETS software from EIBA to make it easier to get them into Pluto.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Device driver for EIB? Any user/dealers from germany around?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 11:06:06 am »
Oh, and we do have some dealers in Germany, as I recall.  But until Pluto 2 is released we're not publishing the dealer info yet, since they have nothing to sell at the moment.  But you can download a copy for free to evaluate it, and if you fill out an inquiry on the site, and you are a dealer, we will send you a dealer kit.