Author Topic: IR Command Problem  (Read 2156 times)

magner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
IR Command Problem
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:31 pm »
HI,
I am have some difficulty getting my ir operated LED lights to work with my USB UIRT device..

I have followed the instructions for adding new remote controls from the following page.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Add_support_for_new_remote_controls

I found the ir code in the USB UIRT logs. created a template for the command.

I dont want to have to use a remote control to operate the lights. What I would like is to have a button on my Obitor screen to press which will activate the IR command to turn lights on/off.

Does anybody know if this can be achieved and if so how to go about doing such a thing.

Thanks
Dan
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:56:56 am by magner »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: IR Command Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:16:47 am »
Then you should make a new device template, based on IR.  Currently, I do not believe the Lighting PlugIn can handle IR devices, someone will need to make the appropriate bridge to IRBase and MessageTranslation to support this, in exactly the same way that sambuca did for Climate devices in the Climate PlugIn.

-Thom

magner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: IR Command Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:34:27 pm »
Hi Thom thanks for the reply.

Just spent the morning doing some research and am now more confused with the whole USB-UIRT use.

My original thoughts were the USBUIRT would act in the same way as a learning remote control. i.e you point a remote control at the USB-UIRT, the USB-UIRT learns the key press, stores it in a log somewhere.

I then assumed the key press could then be linked to a radio button  on a touch pad such as the I-Pod touch (Orbitor). Then when the state of the radio key was changed, the learned key stroke would be sent through the USB-UIRT to the desired device.

If what I have wrote makes sense and I am on the correct path… Under what sub heading should I make the template. AV Equipment, interfaces, Orbitor .etc.

Also Once I make a template, how do I intergrate the template into the Linuxmce software. Is the next step to create a scenario???

I have done work on LIRC in the past. if there is anyway I can use my one skill to help you guys to make the appropriate bridge to IRBase and MessageTranslation, then please point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Dan