Author Topic: Still some issues left  (Read 7839 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:26:32 pm »
Hello,

I'm making some progress with my Pluto installation (using 2.0.0.43 dated 21 dec 2006) but there are still some issues:

1) I switched over from trying to use My Epia as MD and now I have an working sempron with a FX5200, looks beatiful with the UI2 but;
    using no alpha blend there are problems with the visability of the buttons
    using alpha blend it gives me just a black picture...

I'm using the VGA-output just now, and will move it later to the livingroom and a TV later

2) I have an BTTV card in the MD and an PVR-250 in the core, but how should I setup the PVR-250 in the core, or is this not a useful setup?

3) I live in Sweden and will be using XMLTV, but how can I set it up ?

4) Is it possible to have and use local discs in the MD's ?

5) Will the MD's use local discs for MythTV or will it use the Core's discs?

6) The MD has an integrated VIA soundchip, how can I get it to work in Pluto, now I only get stuttering sound out from it...

7) I'm also planning to use a Nova DVB-T card (Nova T-500,dual DVB-T) in an MD, is it possible today, the card is supported and working in Gentoo?

Is the Pluto system a useful system today or is it to sensible about hardware?

Best Regards,

Mikael Alexandersson
Sweden

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Still some issues left
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 08:10:51 pm »
Quote from: "MickeAlex"
Hello,

I'm making some progress with my Pluto installation (using 2.0.0.43 dated 21 dec 2006) ....

Current official release is 2.0.0.42. Are you using svn version ? Do you compile it ?

Or am I just missing something?....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 08:33:11 pm »
Hi,

you can download it here: ftp.plutohome.com

cheers,
avajon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:35:03 pm »
There is a 28 dec version now...

Mikael A

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 08:07:32 am »
It would be nice to know what changed!  Are these "official" releases? Are they safe to install?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 12:40:10 pm »
I don't think that they are official releases, I have installed the latest and it seems to work, but VLC is broken.

What about my questions, aren't there any that can answer me?!

How do I add a PVR-250 to the core, are local discs supplied in Pluto?

I found the answer regarding UI2, you must have FX 6X00 or better, yu use it.

I am about to buy an ASUS M2NPV-VM, m-ATX motherboard with S-video, DVI and component video output for an new MD (using an ANTEC Fusion HTPC chassie), is anyone using it???

Thanks in advance!

Mikael A

Sweden

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 01:06:22 pm »
Not yet, but I'm in the process of buying the exact same board (i like the built in NVidia 6150 and the RCA/SVideo/Composite outputs. A few other nice things about the board are the low power draw, built in gigabit ethernet.

Let me know how yours goes, as I will be putting mine together within the next month. (for a media director). BTW, there is a vendor on ebay selling these boards for $59.99 + 12.00 s&h -considering that all you need to add is memory and a chip, that makes for a very low cost media director(i was looking at a cheap Sempron chip to run in this - I mean do you really need dual core for a media director??)

Also, while we are on the Motherboard topic, i was looking at:
MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum
for a core motherboard, using 4x750 GB sata drives in software raid 5

What do you think?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 09:35:06 pm »
I planning to buy a ASUS m-ATX board this week and intend to buy an SEMPRON 3000+ EE (35W) and 512 MB of RAM. The mother board have internal connectors for SP/DIF and to serial ports that I will put on the back of the Fusion case. I will hook up my Marantz reciever to one of the serial ports and a UIRT on the other.

The MSI K8N seems to be a very nice motherboard wiith a lot of capabilities, I'm intend to use my old Dell dual PIII box for another while, while playing around with Pluto.

Now I had accomplished to add the PVR-250, but there's an error in the startup of the core related to the capture card...can anyone help me thrue the procedure to get it working...?

Best Regards,

Mikael

Sweden

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Still some issues left
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 02:59:03 pm »
that was not an official release, we planned doing so but we postpone it.
these days we're trying to release .43