Author Topic: Rookie in need of some help  (Read 15014 times)

jaynkeel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rookie in need of some help
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 01:51:46 am »
Ok  ;D ;D ;D I am a happy person now!!! Got it all working, I had a bad ethernet switch this whole time so I re did all the lines and viola. Here's how I set everything up. Ran the main internet line from my cable provider to a router the way you would normally hook it up, then I hooked up all my other computers in the house up to that router, ran a line from that router to my core then the other line from my core to an old wireless router I had{not to the internet port} then basiclly used that router as a switch disabling the onboard dhcp from the routers menu. Then I hooked my media director cable to that router and everything booted up and setup great, even got audio over hdmi with no hassles what so ever. Only thing I have left to troubleshoot now that everything else works is when I select play on a movie on my media director I only get sound no video? The flicker images and all the menus ahow up fine just no video.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:53:05 am by jaynkeel »

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 11:46:34 pm »
Glad you got it sorted.

I had a revo 1600 which struggled with 1080p (even with vdpau enabled) so I knocked it down to 720p and it works great.
Hope this helps.
Barney

jaynkeel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 12:14:04 am »
Thanks yes I am overjoyed to say the least. Once again many thanks to the creators of lmce and the knowledgeable people that are out there that help others. Yep got a great picture and sound out of the revo like  I said just have to iron out some small bugs. Heck I even got my eken m002 working as an orbiter with no problems. I am very satisfied after playing around with the system and the more you follow directions the easier it is to use, lesson learned- just let the system do what it was designed to do and your problems will be minimal.