Author Topic: snapshot 23426  (Read 9273 times)

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: snapshot 23426
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »
that version is also based on an end of life version of kubuntu.  you will probably have to change the sources.list references from xx.archive to old-releases.  that probably would not guarantee a good install though.  0810 is the way to go for the latest in capabilities.  It is going to be a matter of getting around the broken downloads.  I don't understand though why mythtv will not install since that should be coming from the linuxmce repository.

jalcando

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:26 pm »
just a thought:
maybe repository is not well spell and/or directories modifications on the server?

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 03:23:42 pm »
Well that is the 55 million dollar question.  The only package that I have seen die is the java6 package in the snapshot I am currently using.  I don't think that anything else is not loading that would be preventing mythtv to install and since mythtv should be forced to download from the linuxmce repositories that should not be a problem either since the ubuntu end of life should not be effecting those.  I am not sure when mythtv gets downloaded but I would think it happens when you make the choice in the setup wizard.  

I am going to try again but this time I will try to install the java6 package before I start so the installer won't quit and I will also capture the output of the installers to look at after the installation is complete to see if there are any error messages that I may have missed as output was whizzing by.

But right now the last of the warm weather is happening today and I think I am going to go lose some golf balls while I can.

jalcando

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 10:31:26 am »
I saw you got your problem fixed with
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10917.0

hope you enjoyed your golf game!

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:36 pm »
I saw you got your problem fixed with
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10917.0

hope you enjoyed your golf game!

I added some in the topic you mentioned above.  Hopefully it will help.

I did enjoy my golf game and as I predicted I lost several golf balls.  We are enjoying a late Indian Summer here and I have been trying to take advantage of it.  All that is supposed to change after this evening.