Author Topic: Security and Motion Wrapper  (Read 2946 times)

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Security and Motion Wrapper
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:02:18 pm »
I'm quite lost when it comes to security as to what can be done or should happen. I'm trying to play around with it but I'm not getting any success. I have a functional SPA3000 that does outside calls and USB camera connected with Motion Wrapper which gets an image no problem as well as the rectangular boxes showing movement. As I understand this should be enough for the system to detect movement and give me a phone call (correct me if I'm wrong) or make some kind of announcement on the MD's. I've tried to do this with no luck. I've even tried Monitor Mode.

To start off here are a few questions for Security -> Active sensors (where my camera is listed):
1. Is "Snap Picture" what stores pictures and video on /home/cameras/camera_id/..?
2. If not: is the camera always supposed to take a picture and a video (latter during movement detection) and what does Snap Picture do then?
If yes: how come it still takes videos when I've set it to Do Nothing?
3. Is "Announcement" for outputting sound/video to the MDs during a breach?
4. Is "Security" calling internal and external phones?
5. If I'm correct on some of these, is there some way to for example have all three on? (that images are taken, an intruder is scared away and I get notified)
6. Again if I'm correct, do these need any type of configurations or are there eg. pre-recorded messages? The only configuration I find is in Security -> Settings by Alert Type which is mostly about timings.
7. What is "Pool Alerts"?

Now it might be that I have misconfigured something that makes all of this not work but I do get a feed from the camera and, like I said, video is being recorded. I've therefore attached a picture with Security Video-Links, Reaction to Sensors and Cellphone Notifications in case something looks wrong.
Do note:
I've tried my outside number both with and without a 9 (I need to press 9 to call outside)
I've tried all security statuses
Security -> Alerts Log finds 0 records.
Security -> Security status has "No devices" in all rooms.

I've got many more questions but this whole wall of text will have to do for now so I don't scare more people off. Plus if I get things working hopefully I'll figure things on my own. I'm asking a lot so if you only have time to answer one or two questions that's fine! Keep in mind that later on when I'll understand Security a bit better I'll update the Wiki as there isn't much info on it at the moment.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Security and Motion Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:39:38 am »
I have never used a USB camera attached to a motion wrapper for motion detection. I always use real motion sensors.

-Thom

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:47:18 pm »
Schmich

I used an Logitech Sphere and upon movement it made pictures.

I will install it again to see I can get it working again.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 01:17:59 pm »
bongowongo,

see if you can get it to trigger a security event.

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 05:31:28 pm »
I used an Logitech Sphere and upon movement it made pictures.
I actually used the Quickcam Sphere wiki to install because the Quickcam Pro 4000 is also a PWC camera. Either I configured something wrong or it doesn't work as a sensor so I'm grateful if you can check it out.