I'm quite lost when it comes to security as to what can be done or should happen. I'm trying to play around with it but I'm not getting any success. I have a functional SPA3000 that does outside calls and USB camera connected with Motion Wrapper which gets an image no problem as well as the rectangular boxes showing movement. As I understand this should be enough for the system to detect movement and give me a phone call (correct me if I'm wrong) or make some kind of announcement on the MD's. I've tried to do this with no luck. I've even tried Monitor Mode.
To start off here are a few questions for Security -> Active sensors (where my camera is listed):
1. Is "Snap Picture" what stores pictures and video on /home/cameras/camera_id/..?
2. If not: is the camera always supposed to take a picture and a video (latter during movement detection) and what does Snap Picture do then?
If yes: how come it still takes videos when I've set it to Do Nothing?
3. Is "Announcement" for outputting sound/video to the MDs during a breach?
4. Is "Security" calling internal and external phones?
5. If I'm correct on some of these, is there some way to for example have all three on? (that images are taken, an intruder is scared away and I get notified)
6. Again if I'm correct, do these need any type of configurations or are there eg. pre-recorded messages? The only configuration I find is in Security -> Settings by Alert Type which is mostly about timings.
7. What is "Pool Alerts"?
Now it might be that I have misconfigured something that makes all of this not work but I do get a feed from the camera and, like I said, video is being recorded. I've therefore attached a picture with Security Video-Links, Reaction to Sensors and Cellphone Notifications in case something looks wrong.
I've tried my outside number both with and without a 9 (I need to press 9 to call outside)
I've tried all security statuses
Security -> Alerts Log finds 0 records.
Security -> Security status has "No devices" in all rooms.
I've got many more questions but this whole wall of text will have to do for now so I don't scare more people off. Plus if I get things working hopefully I'll figure things on my own. I'm asking a lot so if you only have time to answer one or two questions that's fine! Keep in mind that later on when I'll understand Security a bit better I'll update the Wiki as there isn't much info on it at the moment.