Author Topic: Orbiter doesn't change status of light devices  (Read 8932 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter doesn't change status of light devices
« on: December 28, 2006, 06:10:59 pm »
Hi there,

I developed an GSD interface for our lighting controller. So, it worked fine in both directions in 2.0.0.39, i. e. when somebody switched light ON/OFF manually using button the status of this device was changed in Pluto Orbiter. I use this code for this:
Code: [Select]
cmd = Command.new(plutoID, -1001, 1, 2, 48)
if(lightOn)
cmd.params_[10] = "1"
else
cmd.params_[10] = "0"
end
conn_.Send(command)

Recently, I checked this with 2.0.0.42 and I was surprised that it didn't work anymore. When I send 0 (light OFF) the color of icon on the Orbiter is changed to black. It's correct. But when I send 1 (light ON), the color of the icon isn't changed.
Any ideas why?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter doesn't change status of light devices
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:57:23 pm »
Quote from: "nite_man"
Hi there,

I developed an GSD interface for our lighting controller. So, it worked fine in both directions in 2.0.0.39, i. e. when somebody switched light ON/OFF manually using button the status of this device was changed in Pluto Orbiter. I use this code for this:
Code: [Select]
cmd = Command.new(plutoID, -1001, 1, 2, 48)
if(lightOn)
cmd.params_[10] = "1"
else
cmd.params_[10] = "0"
end
conn_.Send(command)

Recently, I checked this with 2.0.0.42 and I was surprised that it didn't work anymore. When I send 0 (light OFF) the color of icon on the Orbiter is changed to black. It's correct. But when I send 1 (light ON), the color of the icon isn't changed.
Any ideas why?

Hi,

I cannot tell why, but maybe give you some hints how to find out.

- I'd try manually sending commands/events from commandline (MessageSedn utility or something like that).
- if that doesn't work, then I'd look at dcerouter's log (if messages comes to it, etc...)
- if not there is something wrong with setup (once I remember I had similar problem cause I added few  other new devices and old ones were still shown on floorplan)....

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »
Thanks a lot, Rob, for your suggestions. Sure, I'll try to follow be your recommendations. But I don't understand why OFF command is affected device icon on the Orbiter but ON (for the same device) is not!

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 03:50:57 pm »
our lights are working fine, both cm11a and zwave
we don't have the device that you have and maybe it's better to give us access to it so we can see what's happening there

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 04:15:23 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"
our lights are working fine, both cm11a and zwave
we don't have the device that you have and maybe it's better to give us access to it so we can see what's happening there

As I already told I have a problem with GSD device. I made some tests and I found that each time icon on the Orbiter gets OFF command. It's doesn't matter which value I put into cmd.params_[10] 0 or 1. Maybe you change this functionality?