I am a Linux noob and have been fighting with these issues for the last few days. Finally, on the 5th install of the software I was able to get it working. Here were the steps I followed:
I used a combination of the following sources:http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Installing_0810http://linuxmce.iptp.org/snapshots/LinuxMCE-8.10-23388-i386.iso
Trial & Error
1. Download and burn the latest 3.8GB .iso from snapshots site.
2. Boot w/ the DVD and choose the last option: Install LinuxMCE
3. Once in Kubuntu, replace the /etc/apt/sources.list file with the one posted by attunezero.
4. Run the update commands: sudo apt-get update
and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
4. Download the following command to get new-installer file: wget -c http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/new-installer-latest.tar.gz
5. Run this command to unpack it: tar xvf new-installer-latest.tar.gz
6. Run: cd new-installer
7. Run the following commands IN ORDER:./pre-install-from-repo.sh./mce-install.sh./post-install.sh
After a reboot, you should get the A/V Wizard.
Good Luck all!!