Author Topic: mythtv not starting on mds  (Read 78 times)

joerod

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 155
    • View Profile
mythtv not starting on mds
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:43:25 am »
I have two mds and a core running 10.04; its been working great for a long time.  Suddenly one day myth (livetv) on one of the mds stopped working.  It would just get to the menu screen of myth and then suddenly return to the screen saver... (the other md worked fine)  now about one week later the other md is doing too.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the situation?
« Last Edit: Today at 03:10:56 am by joerod »

Esperanto

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 275
    • View Profile
Re: mythtv
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:17:36 pm »
check the mythbackend and frontend logs for errors. Maybe you need to rescan transports or there is a version mismatch.

joerod

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 155
    • View Profile
Re: mythtv
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:10:21 am »
I had not run apt-get upgrade (at least I dont remember running it), but when I tried to do it today on all mds and the core I got this curious message:

Code: [Select]
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 141528 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace bash 4.1-2ubuntu3 (using .../bash_4.1-2ubuntu3.1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement bash ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/bash_4.1-2ubuntu3.1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/bin/sh', which is also in package dash 0:0.5.5.1-3ubuntu2
update-alternatives: using /usr/share/man/man7/bash-builtins.7.gz to provide /usr/share/man/man7/builtins.7.gz (builtins.7.gz) in auto mode.
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/bash_4.1-2ubuntu3.1_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

After that I did this:

Code: [Select]
dpkg-divert --package dash --divert /bin/sh.distrib --add /bin/sh
sudo apt-get install --reinstall bash dash
sudo apt-get upgrade

Everything then upgraded correctly and myth started working again on both mds.  Not sure if this really is a fix or not; but thats what happend...