Author Topic: About Metadata  (Read 6181 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • La Smarthomes - SoCal smarthome site
About Metadata
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »
Hello All,

If your interested in compiling or just checking out the code (warning - im very new to c++) it can be found @ http://gitorious.org/linuxmce-autotagger. Whenever i push it to the server, it should be able to compile and run. There is also a binary called 'autotagger' that should be ready to go stand alone.

Beta version 1.1
-Takes 2 different command line arguments:
    -The path in quotes "/home/public/data/videos/test/"
    -The file number of the directory. This can be located in mediaFilesSync in the webadmin. Whenever you mouse over a link to a file, it shows you the file number (as its part of the link)

Test if you have a chance on a smaller media set (or large if your brave). In my testing the biggest impact is sustained db activity over %50 while running over larger lists of files. And this is the reason its specifically NOT recursive. So wherever you direct it, files should be there and not in a subdir.

Thanks for taking the time to read and test. Hopefully this can be integrated in the near future so our media will get tagged automagically.
-golgoj4
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:03:00 pm by golgoj4 »
Those people who tell you not to take chances, they are all missing what life's all about.

Wiki Hardware Page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Langstonius

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
Re: About Metadata
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:29:23 am »
Metadata can be stored either internally, in the same file as the data, or externally, in a separate file. Metadata that is embedded with content is called embedded metadata. A data repository typically stores the metadata detached from the data.

?
Those people who tell you not to take chances, they are all missing what life's all about.

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:33:16 am »
spam... :/

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:15:40 pm »
problem has been solved.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:33:23 am »
http://gitorious.org/linuxmce-autotagger/linuxmce-autotagger

Any brave souls are welcome to test it out.

By default it finds /home/public/videos and looks there for files.
You can direct it to another directory by entering the path , but as this is testing i recommend a small set of files.

On to updateMedia...
-golgoj4

phenigma

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 06:23:34 pm »
If I point it at a specific directory I get this:
Code: [Select]
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ./autotagger /home/public/data/videos/test
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
./autotagger: symbol lookup error: ./autotagger: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii

If I run it with no parameters I get the following output, autotagger immediately exits:
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ./autotagger
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
This is default scan directory: /home/public/data/videos
Got File List for Directory, Going to Work
DB Closed!
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger#

Any thoughts?

J.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:02 pm »
If I point it at a specific directory I get this:
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ./autotagger /home/public/data/videos/test
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
./autotagger: symbol lookup error: ./autotagger: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii

If I run it with no parameters I get the following output, autotagger immediately exits:
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
DB Closed!
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger#

Any thoughts?

J.

in my late night brilliance, i failed to test it with all path types. I just noticed it chokes on certain kinds. Trying to enter my own custom path errors out on some (specifically with spaces)...do'h! Do you have any videos in /home/public/data/videos? It may immediatly exit because it doesn't find any there.

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:38:53 pm »
updated it, fixed the issue. When passing command line arguments, they need to be quoted i.e. "/home/public/data/videos/Hard Drive 1 [47]/tV/BSG"

Sorry for the mistake before
-golgoj4

phenigma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »
In /home/public/data/videos is the automatic LinuxMCE symlink to my Windows Share and a directory named 'test' that I've stuffed some movies and tv shows into.

If it gets to the windows share it'll find thousands of files to churn on but I don't think it followed the symlink to the windows share.

I get the exact same results with the updated version.

J.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:23:32 pm by phenigma »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 07:12:15 am »
In /home/public/data/videos is the automatic LinuxMCE symlink to my Windows Share and a directory named 'test' that I've stuffed some movies and tv shows into.

If it gets to the windows share it'll find thousands of files to churn on but I don't think it followed the symlink to the windows share.

I get the exact same results with the updated version.

J.

Its set to not follow symlinks because in case of lots of files, it can eat a lot of cpu while it churns through them. I know this is going to sound silly, but did you enclose the directory in quotes? "/home/public/data/videos/test"

Thanks for your time and patience in testing my 1st c++ program.

-golgoj4

phenigma

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 10:21:26 pm »
Hey golgo,

Yes I did enclose them in quotes.  There appeared to be no difference either way (unless there is a space of course).  I updated to your latest git version with a 'git pull' just a few minutes ago and tried again.

With no arguments it is happy but quits immediately without going into any sub-directories (there are 2, one real and one is an lmce symlink to my NAS share), and it is correct in that there are 0 actual media files in this directory.
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
"/home/public/data/videos"
"/home/public/data/videos"
()
DB Closed!

If I add a trailing '/' to any directory location it is 'Not Found in DB', if I do not include the trailing '/' it is happy but doesn't process any files (see above).  This is the case for any directory name I provide it.
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ./autotagger "/home/public/data/videos/"
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
"/home/public/data/videos/"
User Path Entered: /home/public/data/videos/
/home/public/data/videos/ - Was Not Found in DB

If I point to any folder other than "/home/public/data/videos" it errors with the undefined symbol but has identified that there are 2 files in the test directory.
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ./autotagger "/home/public/data/videos/test"
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
"/home/public/data/videos/test"
User Path Entered: /home/public/data/videos/test
"/home/public/data/videos/test"

dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ./autotagger "/home/public/data/videos/Windows Share-Public [32]/TV/Castle S01Part1"
connection made!
Media Autotagger v1.1
"/home/public/data/videos/Windows Share-Public [32]/TV/Castle S01Part1"
User Path Entered: /home/public/data/videos/Windows Share-Public [32]/TV/Castle S01Part1
"/home/public/data/videos/Windows Share-Public [32]/TV/Castle S01Part1"

Anyways, those are my results so far.  Let me know if you want me to try anything specific.

Hmm:
dcerouter_1013980:~/linuxmce-autotagger# ldd autotagger
linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7797000)
I don't seem to have this lib.  Likely the symbol problem.  I'll have to try to locate it.

J.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 11:09:19 pm »
It appears im doing something very wrong. I noticed that in that cases where it locks onto the proper directory its going dead immediately.

Did you build and run it locally with the qt sdk?

-golgoj4

phenigma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 11:42:04 pm »
I have been using the binary in git so far.  The library is not an issue, apparently it's a special library file of some sort that doesn't have an actual file.  Hmm, if I get time I'll try to build it.

J.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 12:48:58 am »
I have been using the binary in git so far.  The library is not an issue, apparently it's a special library file of some sort that doesn't have an actual file.  Hmm, if I get time I'll try to build it.

J.

Nah no need to, i was just wondering because someone else had a completly different error. Ill need to check further to see what im doing wrong.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 03:52:28 am »
if any experienced dev's want to jump in here...im curious as to how i should plan to deploy this? statically linked? dynamic? Im throwing these words around but I barely know what they mean. The one currently compiled is a 'shared' version i believe. Im trying to make a static version to help with testing. Is this a bad idea for any reason.

-golgoj4