Author Topic: About Metadata  (Read 24001 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: About Metadata
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:00 am »
I would however like you to check something for me. On any UI1 orbiter, check the sort filters and see if you have one called  'program'. This should now sort tv shows based on tv program. Some awesome person added it, making wading through tv shows a lot easier. Some note on this:
Hmmm I tried full orbiter regens, but I only have:
Recently Used
Filename
Title
Performer
Genre
Director

I have updated from the Update 2010-10-13 23333 but not the Update 2010-11-01 23388 as I have not got around to fixing the source.list yet.

How long has the program sort been there for?

Very recent. Maybe its a result of all my pleading in the forums ;)
. New build. Still cant reliably identify new tv shows with the year appended. If any regular expression pros want to jump in, im all ears.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:06 am »
I just did the latest update... Still no Program filter  ???

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2010, 08:09:39 pm »
I just did the latest update... Still no Program filter  ???

Guessing you did a full reload and regen as well? Also, small update that hopefully improves old and new series (of the same name) differences. Also added in the ability to tag a single file (because who wants to have to rescan the entire directory for 1 file?) Also fixed the .zip file download function and added in a timer so that at least a day passes before it request fresh xml data.

Also i'd like some opinions on my planned integration approach. Which now that I have a prototype is to
-daemonize it so that it runs independent of update media so update media doesn't become coupled in some manner to network availability.

-add code to call it from update media where conditions are met, i.e. media type is 5 and optionally NOT subtype home videos for example. this would allow users to utilize existing linuxmce functionality to exclude certain files the user specifies so linuxmce doesn't overwrite those tags. This also makes locating and tagging the proper file more accurate as we utilize a file that we know linuxmce has a file number for.
-???
-enjoy

Thoughts?

down the line i imagine the same code or some slight variant could be utilized for providing on screen tagging. but thats down the line.
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »
golgoj4
When deciding whether to run your autotagger as a daemon or standalone or even hook it into updateMedia you'll need to watch permissions on /var/tmp. If the web interface tries to tag tv series it creates directories with user:group of www-data. If autotagger is run subsequently to the web interface it fails creating files in the <seriesID> directory due to incorrect user and group permissions. Unless of course its run as root :)

-Coley.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »
golgoj4
When deciding whether to run your autotagger as a daemon or standalone or even hook it into updateMedia you'll need to watch permissions on /var/tmp. If the web interface tries to tag tv series it creates directories with user:group of www-data. If autotagger is run subsequently to the web interface it fails creating files in the <seriesID> directory due to incorrect user and group permissions. Unless of course its run as root :)

-Coley.

Thank you for pointing that out! It had not even crossed my mind.

-Golgoj4