Author Topic: Control PLC with LinuxMCE?  (Read 18385 times)

dcubox1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Control PLC with LinuxMCE?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 05:19:12 pm »
Really interested in this post as I do a good deal of work with PLC's and OPC servers.
OPC is a really good option as it can make alot of different makes of equipment "talk" to each other.
Also you can buy PCB devices that you can get any type of data out via OPC http://embeddedlabs.com/servermodule.html

I am interested in the PLC programs that Fedex Guy has as I would love to see how he is doing this.
A good option I reckon for a PLC would be Allen Bradley Micrologix. It has the serial port and an ethernet port and you can expand the IO with various add-on cards.

I reckon if this method was explored it would be a great advantage to the LinuxMCE system.

yves

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 11:48:08 pm »
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of writing a Modbus TCP driver to connect LinuxMCE to a PLC.

I have found a driver already written in C++ and in ruby, with source code.

Is there any simple method to compile the driver and copy it into a LinuxMCE directory or should I go through a DCE template ?

Considering OPC server as another option (instead of the driver), how can I connect LinuxMCE to the OPC server ?

Thanks

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 11:12:47 am »
You have to create a DCE device to interface with our system, please do not duct tape it.

Please read the section in the wiki called Developing a DCE Device.

-Thom