Author Topic: OSD Orbiter does not display after stopping non-pluto media device  (Read 3507 times)

esev

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Eric Severance
I updated my core over the weekend and started having issues with the OSD orbiter not coming back on screen when I finished watching media on a non-pluto/external Blu-ray player.

Let me describe my setup.  I'm using Gyration remotes to control my OSD Orbiters.  I have a receiver, television, and Blu-ray player all in the same entertainment area.  I have device pipes setup on my MD to switch the receiver and television to the proper inputs to display the OSD orbiter.  And I have device pipes setup on my Blu-ray player device to switch the receiver and television to the proper inputs to view the Blu-ray player via Live AV.

What used to happen, was when I finished watching a Blu-ray, I'd press the power button on the remote.  That would turn off the Blu-ray player and switch my receiver and television back to the inputs needed to view the MD's OSD orbiter.  Then I'd press the power button again and the OSD Power menu would come up so that I could power down the television and receiver.

Now what happens is when I finish watching a Blu-ray, I press the power button on the remote and the only thing that happens is the Blu-ray player turns off.  I'm left with a "no signal" screen on my television.  When I press power again, I cannot see the OSD Power menu (though I know it has selected the 'Display Off' option for me).

I tracked my issue down to changeset 23325 (Don't turn the TV on when music stops playing).  I completely understand the reason behind this change, but can we bring that code back and find a different solution?
Eric Severance
My setup

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: OSD Orbiter does not display after stopping non-pluto media device
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:47:42 pm »
I can confirm this.

J.