Author Topic: MPlayer and m2ts problems  (Read 2964 times)

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
MPlayer and m2ts problems
« on: October 22, 2010, 05:46:34 pm »
Hi guys

I don't know if any of you have had this issue

If you rename and mp4 file to m2ts so that it uses mplayer so you can get the audio, when it gets to the end of the file mplayer does not close and therefore when you start something else that uses Xine you either get sound and no video or a blank screen. It takes a bit of playing around (starting and stopping a few files before it sorts itself out.

This was happening on the previous install and a fresh install from snapshot LinuxMCE-8.10-23327-i386.iso

Regards
LMCECape

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: MPlayer and m2ts problems
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 07:47:05 pm »
Yes, it happens to me. On all installs i did since november 2009.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 12:31:45 am »
I belive there is a bug in mplayer_player (I think that's where it is) that doesn't send the 'Media finished' command to dce_router when the media finishes playing.

J.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:34:10 pm »
Renaming a file to an extension that doesn't fit the content should be a clue that this is NOT the way to go.   In my opinion mplayer_player should have been put out of its misery a long time ago.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:26:18 pm »
I don't completely disagree with you Zaerc, but there are *some* cases where mplayer achieves things that (I havn't figured a way..) can not be achieved with xine.  I am specifically referring to playing of files encoded with AAC audio when connected via S/PDIF.  With mplayer I can easily on-the-fly re-encode to ac3 to get proper 5.1 sound.  With xine the files either down-mix to stereo or only play the R/L tracks and drop the remaining C/RL/RR/Sub.  This is only a problem with >2 channel AAC encoded audio when using S/PDIF.

J.