Author Topic: Zone2 implementation of receiver  (Read 3320 times)

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
Zone2 implementation of receiver
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:00 pm »
Is there a preferred way of implementing a zone2 on a receiver when that is used for squeezelite/squeezeslave? I would like to be able to control the volume and turn the amp on and off for squeezelite.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Zone2 implementation of receiver
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »
You will need to study the Yamaha RX-Vx000 (RS232) template, as it has two zones in it.

What you want, is possible, but I don't have that knowledge swapped into my brain at the moment, and I forgot the process and issues on setting that up.

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:31:39 pm »
iirc you add another Denon to your tree and make it controlled by the main denon receiver. see if that helps.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:40:47 am »
Hi,

What is the make and model of your receiver?

Cheers.

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:38:41 am »
this is a denon avr 2807. I also have a marantz

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »
Hi,

I'm using Marantz with two zones, but I'm on Dianemo. I'm not sure, but I remember using two zones on Marantz also under LMCE... If I remember right, I've extended existing Audio Zone device a bit, and then added 2 of them along with FM receiver to Marantz receiver - of course I had to write program in Ruby also....

Maybe there is implementation in LMCE somewhere - I remember that two templates existed for Marantz - one with one zone and mine with two....

I've wrote description of setup here, but probably it's outdated....
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Marantz_SR5600

HTH,
Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
Multizone audio and pipes
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 08:14:14 am »
Anyone can explain me how zone2's on an amp have to be configured pipe wise?.
I added an AMP device with 2 childs (Zone Main & Zone 2). Then I set the AUDIO pipe of Zone Main to the AMP/DVD in room 'living' and set AUDIO pipe of Zone 2 to AMP/VDP in room 'kitchen'. The hybrid has its AUDIO pipe to AMP/DVD and I set the squeezeslave in the kitchen to AMP/VDP.

This is probably wrong because when I do this and play music on squeezeslave the kitchen then I get sound in the living and cmd.devidto_ gives me the device of the AMP and not the Zone 2. This seems logical cause after all I connected the kitchen squeezeslave to the AMP. I would have expected to be able to connect it to the zone somehow but apparently it works differently and I cannot figure out how.

How does lmce know which zone on the amp to use and how to configure that?

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Multizone audio and pipes
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 02:41:31 pm »
It keeps getting weirder. It now displays that squeezekitchen is connected to Zone2 VDP (and seems to control it) but when I press edit pipes I cannot select it. See attachments.

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
  • Linux and LinuxMCE witchdoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 02:54:58 am »
So, pretty much this: http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/ticket/2100. I did one part of it. The code is not DRY, so there's at least another part (operations/myDevices/editDeviceParams.php) that needs a similar change.