Author Topic: Linux TouchOrbiter  (Read 8709 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Linux TouchOrbiter
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:46:08 am »
I've been learning some c++ and I've spent the weekend hacking away playing with online sdl tutorials and the touch_orbiter_1.0 in svn and I have managed to create a touch orbiter that is working well for me using sdl.

What I would like to do now is add configuration setup like the padorbiter has.  Based on what I've tracked down it looks like there is a 'createorbiter' DCE command that padorbiter uses to create the device on the core.

1) I'm assuming a new DCE command is necessary to create the proxy_orbiter (and associated orbiter) instead...  at least that's what I think from what I see.  
2) It seems to me that if a new DCE command is required to create the proxy_orbiter then any device using touch_orbiter could utilize the same command for the proxy_orbiter creation and setup.  Anyone care to comment on whether I am right or wrong here?

Has anyone looked at this yet or begun any work towards this in any of the touch orbiter platforms?

J.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Linux TouchOrbiter
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:41:50 pm »
You are probably in the wrong forum section, this is for the standalone (aka mini) variant of linuxmce..

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Linux TouchOrbiter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 03:11:35 pm »
Hmm, ooops.  Little tired when I posted that.  I'll repost unless there's a way to move it.  Thanks Hari.

J.