Author Topic: Help to use Epia M6000 as media director  (Read 5890 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Help to use Epia M6000 as media director
« on: December 18, 2006, 11:36:16 pm »
Hello,

I'm just installed Pluto and starting to play around with it.
I got two problems that I'm stucked with right now:

1) tried to use my Epia M6000, it will start netbooting, but as soon it has downloaded the kernel it reboots, I suppose this has to do with chosing the right architecture but I need some help!

2) Using a NVidia TNT2 in my hybrid core seems to be hard, it cant use the card in a proper way, I get two small windows in the lower half of the screen, what am I missing?

Otherwise it seems like a nice software suite, and I'm looking forward to use it, to day im using MythTV och Misterhouse.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Mikael Alexandersson
Sweden

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Help to use Epia M6000 as media director
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 12:45:51 am »
Quote from: "MickeAlex"

Hello,

I'm just installed Pluto and starting to play around with it.
I got two problems that I'm stucked with right now:

1) tried to use my Epia M6000, it will start netbooting, but as soon it has downloaded the kernel it reboots, I suppose this has to do with chosing the right architecture but I need some help!

This is so called 'i386' bug on Epia. I used to have that MD - had compiled i386 kernel, but don't do this anymore. Yet Pluto is still not supporting other kernel versions beside itself....

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:00:46 am »
So that means that my Epia isn't that useful, such a shame on a good peice of hardware...
It should be possible to use a 586 kernel, thats what I have done in my Gentoo installation.

Many thanks for your work with the Marantz SR5600, I have a SR5500 that I'm intend to use together with Pluto, and your help in the wiki is a good starting point!

Thanks a lot Rob,

Mikael Alexandersson
Sweden

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:14 am »
So that means that my Epia isn't that useful, such a shame on a good peice of hardware...
It should be possible to use a 586 kernel, thats what I have done in my Gentoo installation.

Many thanks for your work with the Marantz SR5600, I have a SR5500 that I'm intend to use together with Pluto, and your help in the wiki is a good starting point!

Thanks a lot Rob,

Mikael Alexandersson
Sweden

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 09:38:03 am »

If you describe it a bit more or post some links, maybe we can do the same under Pluto. I also have 2 epias that have ths problem...

Thanks a lot Rob,

Mikael Alexandersson
Sweden

Glad to hear this. Although Marantz support is in construction, cause it's not yet clear how to deal with multiroom feature under Pluto. Otherwise It's pretty close to being useful...

Regards,

Rob.