Author Topic: Lighting control - Legrand OnQ vs Zwave or X10?  (Read 6168 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Lighting control - Legrand OnQ vs Zwave or X10?
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:50:14 am »
I am faced with a decision on lighting control - currently rebuilding our house and it's time to order and install light switches etc.

Has anybody got Legrand OnQ to work with Pluto? It appears on the compatibility list, but I could not find any further info.

Also, would I be best advised to avoid this, and install a Zwave or X10 solution?

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Costis

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Lighting control - Legrand OnQ vs Zwave or X10?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:04:48 pm »
Quote from: "costisd"
I am faced with a decision on lighting control - currently rebuilding our house and it's time to order and install light switches etc.

Has anybody got Legrand OnQ to work with Pluto? It appears on the compatibility list, but I could not find any further info.

Also, would I be best advised to avoid this, and install a Zwave or X10 solution?

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Costis

Hi Costis,

We are using Zwave and we are pretty impressed by it todate. We have both lighting and device control units installed and the reliability is excellent. Currently the Zwave side of Pluto is still under dervelopment so some of the more advanced features are still missing but even without these i would recommend Zwave over X10 without any reservations at all.

All the best and a Merry Christmas

Andrew
Convergent Home Technologies Ltd

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Lighting control - Legrand OnQ vs Zwave or X10?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:14:31 pm »
Quote from: "totallymaxed"

Hi Costis,

We are using Zwave and we are pretty impressed by it todate. We have both lighting and device control units installed and the reliability is excellent. Currently the Zwave side of Pluto is still under dervelopment so some of the more advanced features are still missing but even without these i would recommend Zwave over X10 without any reservations at all.

Andrew
Convergent Home Technologies Ltd

Hi,

thanks for info. Since I see that you have pleasant experience with zwave, I'd kindly ask if you maybe give some more info (on Wiki?) about your setup - particularly what modules do you use and their pricelist and also how do they look ...

I'm also seeking for reliable wireless solution....

Thanks in advance,

Rob.