Author Topic: Does anyone know what script is run to connect users to voicemail in web admin?  (Read 3238 times)

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
After what I thought was a complete cloning of my primary drive (see http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10474.0) the only thing that does not work is my voice mail accounts for each user. If you dial *98 and enter the user's voicemail account number as it shows up in wizard\basic info\users as the user name and use the same number for the password you get a voice message telling you that it was the wrong username and password. In the web admin, if you go to telecom\my voicemail or \General voicemail you get a screen that says incorrect user name or password with the opportunity to log in again. Since it is supposed to give you a link showing your voicemails and settings based on your login info to the web admin I am guessing that that somehow the link between the users and the voicemail was broken--and I can not discover how to reset it.

I tried deleting users or adding users from the startup wizard and from the web admin and this did not fix the problem.
I looked at the index.php link for the voicemail section and the other php pages that form this section and nothing seemed out of order.

Is it possible that there is a mysql table that is used for the lookup in asterisk that has missing or corrupted data? Is there a specific .sh script I can run to link these back up? Any help greatly appreciated.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
/usr/pluto/bin/generate_users_voicemenu.pl

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply. Actually what I was looking for was what is run to connect the users' voicemail box number (301, 302 etc) to asterisk so that you can dial in to get voicemails. I believe this script actually creates the voice messaging when someone dials in (for John dial 1, for Sarah dial 2).

After some sleuthing around on the web it appears that you need to write this information to /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf. Since mine was completely blank, I went looking around on 8.10 and found that the permissions need to be set asterisk:asterisk. Mine was set as www-data www-data.

so the command I ran was:

chown asterisk:asterisk /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf

After checking that this worked I went to wizard\basic info\users and deleted and added back a user.
I then opened voicemail.conf and found it fully populated with all users. When I went to telecom, my voicemail and general voicemail I could now see my voicemail instead of receiving the login button. Hope this helps someone missing their voicemail.

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Apparently, changing the ownership of the voicemail.conf is not the correct thing to do if you are creating new users and your voicemail.conf is empty or somehow got deleted. I started having the same problem as listed above after I had to rebuild my drive again and followed my directions. This time voicemail.conf was empty. when the permissions were not set to www-data:www-data whatever script is run when you create a new user with a voicemail account did not run and voicemail.conf remained empty. When i inserted the information manually the voicemail access worked again. When I changed the permissions back as they were originally and then added a new user from wizard]basics\Users, it automatically wrote the info to voicemail.conf.

Sorry for any confusion my earlier post might have caused.