Author Topic: Help Installing  (Read 4036 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Help Installing
« on: December 16, 2006, 09:52:36 pm »
Hello

I have my core installed and running. I really don't understand a whole lot about networks, so here is my situation:

Internet -->DSL Modem -->External network card on core
Internal network card on core -->Broadvoice VOIP divice -->Belkin router-->PC

Ok, my core IP is 192.168.80.1
my broadvoice VOIP box is 172.16.0.1
my belkin router IP is 192.168.2.1
my PC is 192.168.2.10

Everything works as i think it should, but I thought that the Core was the DHCP?? SHouldn't this make ALL ip address in the range of 192.168.80.xxx??
Or is there something I'm not understanding?

Also, I can get to the pluto admin from my desktop, as well as the internet.. But I can't browse the file structure of the core from my PC --How am I supposed to add media files?

thanks,

Jon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Help Installing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 07:32:01 am »
Make sure that the belkin router has it's DHCP turned off.
Double check to see if you need to set an IP for the VOIP device.
The media files question has given me a run around like that before. I tried to ftp to the router and then after I logged in I got it. So if that works then it is something with the samba shares (I think). I am kinda new at all this too so if I gave to wrong advice I am sorry but if I was right let me know.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Help Installing
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 04:15:40 pm »
Quote from: "jondecker76"
Hello
Internal network card on core -->Broadvoice VOIP device -->Belkin router-->PC

my PC is 192.168.2.10

I think your setup should be like this.
Internet -->DSL Modem -->Broadvoice VOIP device -->External network card on core
Internal network card on core -->switch -->PC

With your current setup the Belkin router is the DHCP for your PC. And since the PC and Pluto not are on the same network, you will have problems with the sharing etc.

/Per

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Help Installing
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 01:24:10 am »
i'll have to dig deeper into my wireless router..  I'd like my wireless DHCP controlled by the core also - but it seems like when I disable DHCP in my wireless router, it just doesn't assign any - but at the same time it doesn't pass along DCHP stuff to the core. I wonder if bridge mode is what i'm looking for?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Help Installing
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 12:47:30 pm »
Quote from: "jondecker76"
Hello

I have my core installed and running. I really don't understand a whole lot about networks, so here is my situation:

Internal network card on core -->Broadvoice VOIP divice -->Belkin router-->PC

my PC is 192.168.2.10

Everything works as i think it should, but I thought that the Core was the DHCP?? SHouldn't this make ALL ip address in the range of 192.168.80.xxx??
Or is there something I'm not understanding?

Also, I can get to the pluto admin from my desktop, as well as the internet.. But I can't browse the file structure of the core from my PC --How am I supposed to add media files?

thanks,

Jon

Hi again,

As long as you told the Core to be your DHCP server and you told the core to use your belkin router as its gateway... and you turn off DHCP in your Belkin then you should be all set.

So if you accept the default IP setup on install your Core will be setup on 192.168.80.1 and MD's will be issued addresses from 80.2 to 80.128 Non Pluto devices ie PC's, servers, IP cameras etc etc will be issued addresses between 80.129 to 80.254

The Wifi side of the Belkin will work as the wired side in terms of DHCP (assumeing you have the WiFi setup etc).

Happy New Year!

Andrew