Author Topic: Mythtv 0.23 - how can I delete recording in myth with Gyration remote ?  (Read 6133 times)

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hi,

since updating to Myth 0.23 I can not delete a recording in mythtv anymore. Pressing the "i" key on a recording gives me the infos - previously it was a menu of choices. Which iĆ³ne of them were to delet the recording.

Any idea how this can be achieved with the Gyration Remote ?

Viking

avajon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
hi,

i had the same problem with my wii-remote. i do it this way: map "F6" in mythtv to delete a recording. the problem is, you have to click "F6" twice. With the first click it shows the mythtv-delete-window and the lmce menu to change channel. With the second click on "F6" the lmce-menu disappears, but the mythtv-delete-recording window still stays there and you can delete the recording.

regards
avajon

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
OK, but what key is then F6 on my Gyration ?

Viking

avajon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
i don't know because i don't have a gyration. it should be the key which opens the four arrows to change change channel in mythtv (up and down) and fast forward/rewind movies (left and right).

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
For this reason, I am working towards creating Orbiter screens for all the needed MythTV tasks. Also, it's on the list to delete recordings properly that are deleted from the media browser.

-Thom

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hi Thom,
For this reason, I am working towards creating Orbiter screens for all the needed MythTV tasks. Also, it's on the list to delete recordings properly that are deleted from the media browser.

Great :)  Will there also be a possibility to enter the menu "m" key. For access to text tv, text tv subtitles, and maybe change "aspect ratio" and "adjust fill" - so that 16:9 recordings with black bars at the bottom can fill the screen ?

Viking

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Again, you're thinking too primitively in terms...

I will expose as much of the UI as makes sense and can sensibly be presented to a user.

Thom

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
i don't know because i don't have a gyration. it should be the key which opens the four arrows to change change channel in mythtv (up and down) and fast forward/rewind movies (left and right).

thanks for the tip, but does not work with the gyration as it sends the command a different way.

Viking

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Again, you're thinking too primitively in terms...

I will expose as much of the UI as makes sense and can sensibly be presented to a user.

Thom

Yeah, OK :) we are trying to "hide" mythtv and let the UI of Linuxmce do the things.

Viking

team_steeze

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Viking,

I was experiencing the same problem and did the following as a temporary workaround:

1) Launch http://192.168.80.1/mythweb
2) Click on the keys and wrench icon at the top of the screen
3) Select the Media Director in question from the drop down on the top right
4) Scroll down to: Global DELETE Delete
5) Change the text field from D to something else on your remote that is not in use.  I used *
6) If you have MythTV running on your MD, shut it off, relaunch, and test!

hth

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Mythtv 0.23 - how can I delete recording in myth with Gyration remote ?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 08:26:11 pm »
Hi team_steeze,

does work that way :) I have just insted setup general "menu"  key to be * instead.

Viking