Author Topic: WebDT 366s - Brand new still in the box. ** $75.00**  (Read 33424 times)

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WebDT 366s - Brand new still in the box. ** $75.00**
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 04:02:37 pm »
If there is enough interest I will post an image of what I have, but that should be reserved for another thread.

J.

Interest!  Interest!  Interest!
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 05:18:07 pm »
I'll have to find somewhere to upload it to.

J.

Image: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10914.0
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:06:21 pm by phenigma »

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:10 pm »

edit. deleted my question after proper search  ;)
-johan
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:30:49 pm by johanr »

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 08:50:22 pm »
ouch.. seems like I have one bad unit also.. upper most left led is constant lit when turning power on(in craddle or without) battery indicator is off course lit as well.
Strange.. almost like the cpu would be dead since I dont see anything happening with the screen and it does not even load the bios.

so
power on
blue led no1 constant lit.
nothing more..

- should have bought 4 =) (one as spare)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:58:54 pm by johanr »

revellenab

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:13 am »
Is it still available?  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:13:51 pm by hari »

ThaMighty1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 09:59:52 pm »
Id like to know if any of these are still available also.

Thanks

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 11:24:38 pm »
Id like to know if any of these are still available also.

Careful there.  Adding in the two duds that were sold to me brings it to a total of 4 bad units sold in this thread already.

Bryce
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 12:08:10 am »
guys, you get what you pay for.

Grab a good unit from lmcecompatible.com

-Thom

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 12:52:27 am »
After my final experiences I wouldn't recommend buying from tbowland.  The model itself is great though if you can find reliable stock.

J.

ThaMighty1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 05:30:52 am »
After my final experiences I wouldn't recommend buying from tbowland.  The model itself is great though if you can find reliable stock.

J.

yeah i read a couple dead units but seems that you were able to ship it back and get a replacement right?

$350 each on lmcecompatible vs $75 is a pretty big difference and might be worth the risk as long as the guy will replace any duds that are sent out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:35:04 am by ThaMighty1 »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 01:52:06 am »
I did get mine replaced...  It was at least 2 weeks after I had paid for the initial units before he shipped anything to me, and that happened because I contacted him.  The defective unit I had arrived with a Windows installation on it that was BSoDing on boot with a licence violation error.  I ultimately determined it had defective RAM.  After I shipped my defective unit back to him he claimed to have copied an operating system onto the flash drive (which I was able to do quite well, it was failing memtest86 over a large chunk of RAM) and he was going to resell it.  He then tried to give me a story about how much money he was losing and wanted me to pay for more shipping after I had received my replacement...  This process was a pain and ultimately took 8-10wks to resolve.

I don't recommend purchasing from him.

I saw the price and gambled.  The DX model he was selling is nice, it's 586 based and very responsive with a nice wireless NIC.  GX units are 486 based and have wireless NICs that really only support WEP encryption (see Thom's & Hari's posts earlier in this thread).  I figured I could get 4 (could actually have got 7) from this guy, with charge cradles, for less than the price of 1 from lmcecompatible (@USD$459.98+tx with a charge cradle) and if only 1 worked... 

If I was to do it again I'd probably go for an Archos 7 Home Tablet and use an Android Touch Orbiter.

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:10 am »
phenigma,

a real orbiter (as the PadOrbiter running on the WebDTs) is much nicer than a Touch Orbiter.

My .02€

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:19 am »
Fwiw, I bought two units from Ted.   Neither unit will boot/recognize the USB port on it's side.  Specifically, when I plug in a bootable USB drive and turn it on, neither unit will boot from the USB drive.  They both go to a blue screen, then back to black and give the error "Attempting to boot a Hard Drive...  Invalid system disk   Replace the disk, and then press any key."  Also, on one of the units, the first 2 of the 3 lights do not light up at first boot.  I do have a third WebDT 366 (a GX, not purchased from Ted) that has no issues booting from my bootable USB drive, so I know that the USB drive is okay. 

When I first contacted Ted about this, his reply was that I don't have a real problem, he could help me get something loaded, and he would send out another e-mail shortly with some info.  After that, despite multiple e-mails from me, I never heard from him again.

Bryce

It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 06:49:28 pm »
phenigma,

a real orbiter (as the PadOrbiter running on the WebDTs) is much nicer than a Touch Orbiter.

My .02€

A very good point.

J.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 06:53:54 pm »
Fwiw, I bought two units from Ted.   Neither unit will boot/recognize the USB port on it's side.  Specifically, when I plug in a bootable USB drive and turn it on, neither unit will boot from the USB drive.  They both go to a blue screen, then back to black and give the error "Attempting to boot a Hard Drive...  Invalid system disk   Replace the disk, and then press any key."  Also, on one of the units, the first 2 of the 3 lights do not light up at first boot.  I do have a third WebDT 366 (a GX, not purchased from Ted) that has no issues booting from my bootable USB drive, so I know that the USB drive is okay. 

Have you gone into the BIOS and set the boot order to boot from the USB?  None of my units booted straight off the USB they were all set to boot from the internal flash HDD on arrival.

I also had one unit that the BIOS was set to output through some non-existent video device.  Result was nothing but a black screen.  I read a little on webdt.org and was able to hit the proper keys at the proper times to set BIOS back to defaults so it would show me a display again.  After this I entered BIOS and configured it for USB boot, no problems since.

J.