Author Topic: WebDT 366s - Brand new still in the box. ** $75.00**  (Read 33422 times)

tbowland

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
WebDT 366s - Brand new still in the box. ** $75.00**
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »
I have offered these over at webDT.org and they have been loving them
So to the Linux MCE gang.

As usual - WEBDT 366s for sale - Band new still in the box - $ 75.00  :o
      or
Take two WEBDT 366s - Band new still in the box for only  - $ 135.00

Either way I will through in 2 x 250Gb SATA Western Digital HDDs 3.5" - Brand new of course. for $35.00

SO

•one DT366 & two HDDs for $110.00
    or
•Two DT366 & two HDDs for $170.00
Private Message me if you're interested.

tbowland

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Details of the $75.00 WebDT 366
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 02:17:16 pm »
This is the Geode LX 800 model
512 of Flash
512 of Ram
Mini-PCI Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG network card
Comes with....

I have external batteries coming before the end of the year. PM me if you want your name on the list for one.
$40.00 each

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: WebDT 366s - Brand new still in the box. ** $75.00**
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 03:00:18 pm »
How much is shipping to EU, and do you accept PayPal

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:19:41 am »
How many of them do u have? Do you get them on a regular basis?

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 07:42:54 pm »
Does WebDT 366s support WPA/WPA2?

If so, does it out of the box or is it needed some hacking?

thanks and regards
Marco

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:03:15 pm »
been doing some research and unfortunately it seems like they do not. WPE only(what where they thinking..)

I think it is also mentioned in the specs that can be found somewhere in the big dark internet...
-johan

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 04:20:52 am »
The Cisco Aironet 350 that is installed in those devices does not support WPA/WPA2.

-Thom

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 12:20:11 pm »
would be interested too, depending on EU shipping prices and payment options  :)

-Coley.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 04:37:44 pm »
The Cisco Aironet 350 that is installed in those devices does not support WPA/WPA2.

-Thom
the card itself supports wpa with later firmware versions, but the linux driver does not. There is an experimental driver, but that does not work properly.

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 07:17:42 pm »
Good Morning

I've not had a chance to check this out yet, but it appears that these WebDT 366s from tbowland may support WPA/WPA2 encryption.  According to this and tbowland's original post in this thread, these WebDTs have an Intel 2200 Pro mini-pci card.  According to this, this card is supported by the Linux ipw2200 driver.  According to this, WPA and WPA2 work with ipw2200 drivers >= 1.0.2 using wpa_supplicant.

I just moved back into my house from a fire last fall, so it will be a looooooong time before I get a chance to look into this with any depth.  I did buy 2 of these WebDTs from tbowland, so I will look into this in a couple months if nobody else has before then.  Just thought I'd throw this nugget out there if somebody else is interested.

As a side note, not that it matters to me or likely to many others around here, these WebDTs from tbowland do not come with an operating system.

As a second side note, WebDT owners should check out the webdt.org website.  Some interesting reading there, including mods to upgrade the internal flash IDE chip to 4 GB.  :o

A last side note, just in case anybody else is wondering why these say "Ambia" in the corner.

Bryce

[edited to add Ambia link, and clean up hyperlinks]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:31:42 pm by brake16 »
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »
tbowland.. you have emails in your inbox (or spamfilter) from me.

aico

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 06:45:17 am »
Hello tbowland,

are there any devices left?

What are the shipping costs to Europe/Austria?

Regards
Johannes

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 09:46:33 am »
A couple of notes to anyone looking at these right now:

The WebDT 366DT LX systems have a smaller internal drive than the WebDT 366GX (the device the current padorbiter installs onto).  This means that padorbiter will not install onto these units.  

I purchased 4 of these units and after a couple of weeks they arrived.  3 of the 4 units are working perfectly and I have shoe-horned padorbiter onto them with the wireless firmware and squeezeslaves on them as well.  My squeezeslaves address themselves with leading zeros followed by the 2nd half of the webpads mac address to allow me to easily configure them on the core.  There is decent battery life in the 3 working units.  I can confirm the intel wireless g ipw2200 card is present.  I have not tested wpa yet.  They come with european 240v plugs on the cords, the power supplies are universal though so it's trivial to cut the ends and replace them.

Unfortunately one of my units arrived defective.  My attempts have been completely unsuccessful installing any operating systems on this one unit.  The install attempts have all failed part way through (they are successful on each of the other 3 webdts).  I have sent an e-mail to tbowland and I am waiting to hear if he will replace this defective unit.

I'll post the resolution when I receive a response from tbowland.

J
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:10:14 am by phenigma »

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »
I'm waiting for a response from tbowland, and it would seem many people are in the same situation:

Code: [Select]
PM could not be sent to 'tbowland' as their inbox is full!
tbowland, you need to delete some messages, or get back to us by e-mail...

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 10:41:24 pm »
I ran the bad unit through a bunch of tests and it ended up failing a MemTest86+.  It has been put in the mail to be returned and he says he'll ship me a new one.  I will admit that he hasn't been the most prompt of individuals to respond but he has been dealing with me and my problem.

I'm incredibly happy with these LX units vs my old GX.  They are MUCH faster.  With the increased processing capability and the 802.11g they easily run Orbiter and stream from .flac or .mp3 files to squeezeslave wonderfully.

It was not a simple 'plug n play' to get this up and running with the padorbiter distro.  The drive size was the biggest issue to overcome.  I tried resizing the image multiple times and never got the partition defined quite right.  Had to do a fresh debian install to get a proper partition defined and imaged.  Then the video was a bit of a pain as the vesa framebuffer causes white pulsing on the LX's screen.  The framebuffer driver has to be set at boot and it works great in the console.  Once booted the LX framebuffer doesn't wake-up from suspend properly under X, not sure why but it's not pretty, so I switched to the geode driver in X and it resumes just fine.  The IPW2200 firmware had to be copied onto the webdt before the wireless would operate.  The wireless card doesn't seem to wake up as quickly as the cisco card in the GX (at least that's the best I've come up with) and consequently Orbiter takes a bit before timing out and restarting.  As a simple solution I kill Orbiter on resume, which restarts Orbiter in a couple seconds rather than 10 or 15.  USB2.0 on the LX vs USB1.1 on the GX makes installing an image 5x faster.  Took me a little over a week to figure out what to do and learn what I needed to do to make it happen.

If there is enough interest I will post an image of what I have, but that should be reserved for another thread.

J.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:48:21 am by phenigma »