Author Topic: Denon AVR 2307 - house to sleep mode while media is playing  (Read 22145 times)

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Denon AVR 2307 - house to sleep mode while media is playing
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 09:19:17 pm »
I didn't have any values in the Volume Up / Volume Down Ruby Codes boxes #90 and #89 fields...I also seem to be missing the following from your Template.

Do you know why that would be?

Hmm...I have found that the contents of some ruby rectangles in device templates can get deleted when editing seemingly unrelated parts of the device template.  I haven't had this happen, however, unless I was editing the template.

Alex

UNi

• Veteran
  • Would you like Cheese with that Whine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 05:58:38 pm »
My sound volume is all jacked up now...is there a way to revert to the old template?  I see how to do it through sqlcvs, but I'm not sure which tables to revert, or should I wait until 810?

Thanks,
UNi

It's fixed now...I was able to roll it back.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:33:22 pm by UNi »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 03:51:14 pm »
My sound volume is all jacked up now...is there a way to revert to the old template?  I see how to do it through sqlcvs, but I'm not sure which tables to revert, or should I wait until 810?

Thanks,
UNi

It's fixed now...I was able to roll it back.

web admin / Advanced / sqlCVS / Diff - Revert is very helpful indeed :)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 06:12:36 am »
I've been asked to post my Denon AVR Series Template.  Here's how to use it.

Manually replicate the AVC-A1SRA (RS232) device template, with the following exceptions:
   * In the 'Edit IR Codes' window set 'Delays' for 'Power', 'Mode', and 'Other' to zero.
   * Fill in the ruby rectangles according to the file that I've attached.

Hope this helps someone. 

The template addresses the following issues with the AVC-A1SRA (RS232) template:
   1. Sets a reasonable volume level when power is shut off.  This avoids loud initial volume after starting up.  The ideal way to accomplish this is by using 'Respond to Events'.  However, the router sends the volume set command before the power on command, so if the receiver is off when you start to play media, a set volume command sent in response to a Play Media event is ignored.
   2. Delay after Power On Command (see my previous post)
   3. Audio is Interrupted Whenever an Inputs String is Sent to the Receiver (see my previous post)

Thom has an independently developed improved template that will be included in 0810.  Hopefully it will address the same issues so the Denons will work great right out of the box.

Alex
Hi All,

Does anyone know if this (or something similar) made it into 0810? I still get the same audio cut out issues with the 0810 Beta...

Cheers,
WR.

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 04:27:12 pm »
Does anyone know if this (or something similar) made it into 0810? I still get the same audio cut out issues with the 0810 Beta...

Cheers,
WR.

No.  On 0810 snapshot 23359 the only Denon listed under the "Amps..." device category is the "AVC-A1SRA (RS232)" template.  This template works, however, it still exhibits the audio cut-out problems I outlined in my post #17 here.  There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to shunt extraneous power and input selection commands which is what causes the audio to cut out. 

I am trying to get a properly fixed device template into production here:
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10896.msg75284#msg75284

...but that is uncharted waters for me. 

Alex