Author Topic: Mythtv 0.23 - problems when changing channels - crashes.  (Read 5022 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Mythtv 0.23 - problems when changing channels - crashes.
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:03:17 pm »
Hia,
maybe someone could clarify me about an issue regarding mythtv. After reinstalling the system fresh, first i discovered that configurations for input would not be retained, but turning to "dont auto configure" solved it.
The problem now is changing channels.
Using the numeric keyboard, i.e. changing from channel 4 to channel 30, crashes the frontend, returning the message "unrecoverable error".
Using the up or down keys, changes the channels in order, but sometimes, the same error apears.
I really don't know waht is happening, as the configurations i'm using worked before the new installation.
The versions of the packages i have installed are:
Code: [Select]
dcerouter_1013743:/home/paulo# dpkg -l | grep myth
ii  libmyth-0.23-0                             0.23-0.1                                                   Common library code for MythTV and add-on mo
ii  libmyth-dev                                0.23-0.1                                                   Common library code for MythTV and add-on mo
ii  libmythtv-perl                             0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (commo
ii  lmce-mythtv-scripts                        2.0.0.44.10080223227                                       <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  mytharchive                                0.23-0.0                                                   Create and burn DVD's from MythTV - binary f
ii  mytharchive-data                           0.23-0.0                                                   Create and burn DVD's from MythTV - data fil
ii  mythbrowser                                0.23-0.0                                                   A small web browser module for MythTV
ii  mythgallery                                0.23-0.0                                                   Image gallery/slideshow add-on module for My
ii  mythgame                                   0.23-0.0                                                   Emulator & PC Game frontend module for MythT
ii  mythmovies                                 0.23-0.0                                                   Show times and cinema listings based on Zip/
ii  mythmusic                                  0.23-0.0                                                   Music add-on module for MythTV
ii  mythnetvision                              0.23-0.0                                                   Plugin for watching internet content
ii  mythnetvision-data                         0.23-0.0                                                   Plugin for watching internet content
ii  mythnews                                   0.23-0.0                                                   An RSS feed news reader module for MythTV
ii  mythplugins                                0.23-0.0                                                   Wrapper package for MythTV plugins
ii  mythtv                                     0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (clien
ii  mythtv-backend                             0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (serve
ii  mythtv-common                              0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (commo
ii  mythtv-database                            0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (datab
ii  mythtv-doc                                 0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (docum
ii  mythtv-frontend                            0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (clien
ii  mythtv-perl                                0.23-0.1                                                   Dummy package to install libmythtv-perl
ii  mythtv-themes                              0.23-0.0                                                   Additional themes for MythTV
ii  mythvideo                                  0.23-0.0                                                   A generic video player frontend module for M
ii  mythweather                                0.23-0.0                                                   Weather add-on module for MythTV
ii  mythweb                                    0.23-0.0                                                   An integrated web browser plugin for your My
ii  mythzoneminder                             0.23-0.0                                                   A system for monitoring cctv cameras
ii  pluto-mythtv-includes                      2.0.0.44.10080223227                                       <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  pluto-mythtv-player                        2.0.0.44.10080223227                                       <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  pluto-mythtv-plugin                        2.0.0.44.10080223227                                       <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  python-mythtv                              0.23-0.1                                                   A personal video recorder application (commo
Is there anyone else facing these problems? Anyone could help with a hint in how to fix it?
TIA,
Paulo

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Mythtv 0.23 - problems when changing channels - crashes.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:45:47 am »
Actually I have noticed increase crashes of late from live TV. Maybe since the last update. I get "unrecoverable error" sometimes, others it is something like "frame buffer failed too many times".

I used to get crashes if watching recording shows (i.e before they had finished recording) but of late seems to be crashing for Live TV as well. Can't find much that makes sens in the logfiles (/var/log/mythtv/). Using HDhomerun. What about you?

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »
I've been having the same errors/crashes as Wombiroller; when I return to the UI and then enter liveTV it seems work again.  So, its not an extremely major issue, its just a little annoying sometimes....

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 06:15:01 pm »
I'm using a PVR-500 (dual tuner). I don't think that it's a little annoying, because you loose what your're watching, and not being able to change channels typing the channel number or selecting from the EPG, but having to go through  each one until the one wanted is a PITA.
I'm just not being able to find out why it's happening, as the myth versions i using are the same it did before (i installed fresh one week ago), and how to correct it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:16:51 pm by pw44 »

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:10:17 pm »
pw44,

Did you solve the problems with mythtv?
I have similar problems with mythtv, that i would like to fix,

br,
Raymond
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »
RayBe,

I have one of those cards laying around I just saw. I will install, do a build, and try and figure out what is going on and why. Are you using turning off auto configure as well? Because tricking auto-configure gives me crashless TV/record. Eventually I will try and help implement something to autodetect single tuners to avoid the auto configure takeover.

Also what settings do you change in myth?
I never quit... I just ping out.

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
l3mce,
Big thanks for helping out,
Not sure what you mean by 'tricking auto-configure' and 'what settings do you change in myth'
so i try to give as much info as possible:

Things i see in WebAdmin:

Description: WinTV-PVR-150
Device template: WinTV-PVR-150 #1859
Manually Configure EA: Auto Configure
File Name and Path: /usr/pluto/bin/CaptureCards_SelectInput_PVR-250.sh

I installed the XMLTV-grabber: tv_grab_nl_py
I manually edited the channel-list according to my region and provider, through WebAdmin of MythTV.
In MythTv Setup i configured to my needs:
#2 Capture Cards
#3 Video Sources
#4 Input connections

At this point everything seemed to work properly,
At one point there was a driver update, i don't know if that has changed something for the total-setup (don't mean to insult someone)

Now, sometimes when i restart my core i have to alter the settings in #3 (it 'forgets' LMCE-default) and sometimes in #4 (it 'forgets' the video#)
I must add that i have 1 usb cam wich, i think, causes #4 to 'forget', it needs a udev-rule, but don't exactly know how that works.

if you want some more info, please ask,
again much thanks,

br,
Raymond

When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.