Author Topic: [solved]media drive not showing anymore  (Read 1649 times)

maverick0815

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
[solved]media drive not showing anymore
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:10:51 pm »
I've been on vacation for a week...left the server running...I started up my Md and now its mediadrive is not showing up anymore. from kde on the Md I can see everything, but LinuxMCE doesn't find it anymore.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:57:44 pm by maverick0815 »

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: media drive not showing anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:43:26 pm »
UpdateMedia ran on the server. UpdateMedia scans the devices known to LinuxMCE for new and updated media. If UpdateMedia does not find a device, it automatically marks all media on that device as missing.

When you boot the MD again, it will eventually show up again.
Currently on my way in the North Eastern United States - If I helped you, feel free to buy me a coffee: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2VKASZLTJH7ES

maverick0815

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:29:31 pm »
hmmmm so far its not showing up..perhaps I should just delete the disk and hope it gets rediscovered this way?

maverick0815

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43:30 pm »
I just deleted the device and it got rediscovered...but there is no access so far. In the webadmin ->Media Files Sync it shows with a dropdown field to choose a filetype...and so it stays, even after reloading or rebooting.

maverick0815

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 11:20:15 pm »
After deleting the drive, it gets rediscovered and I'm being asked how to use it....I add it to the linuxmce file structure as I had done so before. From there on its usually being mounted and accessible. Now its just kinda dead.
for example the link in /home/public/data/videos/ for the disk is !ST9320325AS (sda1) on moon39-G [88]
 /mnt/device/88 is not accessbile.
doing ssh moon39 I can check /mnt/device/88 and see all my files...
unfortunately I cannot say whether or not this happened after the latest update, since I noticed the problem only later.

maverick0815

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:27:18 pm »
check the attachement please...this is what the webadmin says and I don't know how to move on from here...

maverick0815

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 06:57:25 pm »
Okay...so the problem is solved...I guess some update went wrong. I just deleted the MD, set it up again and everything is working nicely now