Author Topic: [Resolved] - Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2  (Read 8686 times)

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
[Resolved] - Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:55:45 pm »
I've just returned from my 30 visit to europe and decided that I would check out 810 beta.  Downloaded from the Wiki link, torrent site and the latest snapshot 23259.  Each install appears to go really well, however, when the system reboots and begins to load Grum, I get Error 2 immediately following.  Out of each I have also "only" attempted to load Kubuntu with the exact same error after reboot.  

Any idea of where I'm going wrong ?  I'll continue to search the forum to see if I can find the answer but if anyone has had this experience, please post or direct me to the post for fix.  Also, attempted to connect to IRC and unfortunately connections were be "disconnected".  couldhave been me but tried the link and configuring the IRC client.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:53:50 pm by Marper »

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:55:17 am »
I could not figure the problem out and have began the separate installs for Kubuntu and doing the upgrade as sugessted for internet install.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »
After reading GRUB information, this appears to be a problem associated with the DISK being recognized by either the BIOS or Linux.  I'm removing all disks, except 1 and re-installing to see if that is in fact the case. 

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] - Re: Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:53:14 pm »
Thanks to many of the posts on this forum, I was finally able to get Core and MD setup.  It turns out that there is some conflict with which Linux & K/MCE recognizes drive order.  Here is what I did:

ALL DRIVES ARE SATA

a.  Disconnected all drives in core with exception to boot drive.
b.  Restarted system and core finished installation
c.  Once MCE was completely configured, reconnected drives - (in my case, discovered that system would not boot, if boot drive was in SATA1 slot, eventually had to be in SATA5 slot) system booted once I got this straight.
d.  Followed directions for building Media Director.  (MD would not display AVWizard correct to my TV (Sony projection) so I had to connect a monitor)) select the correct settings for output and audio, finished the AVWizard on attached monitor and reconnected to my system (MD is directly connected to a pioneer elite receiver via DVI/HDMI --->  Pioneer receiver is connected to TV via HDMI (720p max resolution).

Remaining issue is on MD:

When I move cursor over orbiter -> media -  I only see floorplan and not the full list (TV, Video, etc.,).  I will reload MD to determine if it was just the initial load that was the problem and repost.

Thanks everyone for testing and documenting your experience that eventually helped me out.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: [Resolved] - Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:51:06 am »
Check your BIOS to see if you could set the boot drive priority.  Most modern BIOSes have this functionality included.

J.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [Resolved] - Grub Loading. Please wait - Error 2
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:33:36 am »
Thanks good hint did not think of that.  will run through this all again as I am reinstalling to identify my steps.