Author Topic: Security camera access locks core  (Read 4035 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Security camera access locks core
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:16:52 pm »
I'm still in the beginning stages of configuring a Pluto core, but have run into several curious problems.  Here's one:

I entered the name, IP address and MAC of one of my networked cameras into the Pluto setup for surveillance cameras.  The camera itself is a Sony SNC-M1 camera.

However, if I am in the Pluto web administration page and to to the "Security:View cameras" section, select that particular camera, and then try to view it, I get no view of the camera (not surprising, as the camera is set to a non-standard IP port and requires both a username and password to connect to it) and then the core is no longer reachable via the web administration interface -- none of the links will take me anyplace.

Shouldn't Pluto just return an error or timeout or still allow access to other commands (and abort the previous command) under these circumstances?

Thanks

Pat

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:32:01 am »
i never tried a sony ip camera on my systems.
did you entered the username and password too?
did you use device template generic ip camera?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:42:40 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"
i never tried a sony ip camera on my systems.
did you entered the username and password too?
did you use device template generic ip camera?

I did use the generic IP camera, but didn't (initially) put in a username and password.  Still, I would only expect the system to return an error, like "Can't connect to selected security device" (generic error) or "Security device requires username and password" (specific error, if it can even tell).  Locking up is a problem.

Pat