Author Topic: Confused about GE Interlogix  (Read 2693 times)

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Confused about GE Interlogix
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:33:37 pm »
Let me start off by saying I've been slowly (and painfully) teaching myself Objective-C this summer to the point I can understand C++ and while I don't feel comfortable coding anything from scratch I could certainly try to make sense of any antiquated code in Pluto/LinuxMCE like support for Caddx NX-8E seems to be.

So basically I've got whole house audio working with TV and now I've finally gotten my GC-100 working (one of the new ones) to find that the instructions from the wiki entry "Caddx NX-8E" don't produce any response when a sensor is tripped :/ 

It is my understanding that this alarm panel used to be supported and is no longer but if ANYONE knows anything about it PLEASE RESPOND!! School is starting up and I'm getting a little crazy..
Thanks to ANYONE who has a system working with GE Interlogix, Caddx NX-8E, or anything else one would find to be relevant who responds!
Tred.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about GE Interlogix
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:44:48 pm »
Honestly, it looks like this was a device template that doesn't have any included code, you may want to start a new one from scratch, of which there is plenty of info on doing this , in the wiki.

-Thom

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about GE Interlogix
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 10:26:19 pm »
Also, stop in the dev channel at #linuxmce-devel on freenode and we can help you along.  Definitely decide whether you are going to do this as a GSD device or a C++ device.  My recommendation would be to do a C++ device, don't worry, there's lots of examples in our tree for you to look at to figure things out.  And as I said, there's help available in the dev channel, you just have to take the initiative to come talk to us.