Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation won't play media  (Read 2348 times)

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Buffalo Linkstation won't play media
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:31:33 am »
Bout at wits end here.  What is happening is that the files on  the Buffalo linkstation will not play.  It seems that any attempt to play them hangs the MD or the orbiter giving the command.  I have followed the Wiki as best as I can and reviewed the forums.  There is something mentioned about description of the linkstation must match the mount command?  Initially the system did not recognize the linkstation so I used the Configure_1837.sh to get the system to recognize it.  Everything seemed to come up and the dir structure was created on the linkstation.  Public/data/audio etc.  I can read and write to the drive.  It is only when I click on an album cover on the orbiter that the system quits.  Not sure what the next step is?  I hope someone can give me a hand with this. 
Thanks,
Randy

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Buffalo Linkstation won't play media
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:34:52 am »
Also, the problem seems to be with the linksystem.  When I put a CD in the CD drive I can play it fine..
Thanks,
Randy...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 05:47:53 am »
What happens when you try to read a file from the shell on that NAS? This should give you a good indication of the problem. Access the NAS from its symlink under /home

-Thom

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 02:19:57 pm »
I could access the file manually.  It was a relatively new install so I got the latest snapshot and started over.  Works great now.  Thanks for your help Thom.

Randy