Author Topic: Fresh install boots into tty1?  (Read 3436 times)

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Fresh install boots into tty1?
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:47 pm »
I've decided to upgrade more core as my old one had a fairly slow processor and only two PCI slots I've put together a system with an MSI 790FX-GD70 mainboard and a GeForce 8400 GS 512MB GPU (https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=11077474); It also has one of the new AMD Phenom II 6 core CPU's. Unfortunately when I try to install 0810 from the latest snapshot it boots and the part where I would normally go through the generic Kubuntu install (NOT the part where the AV wizard is supposed to come up) is just a black screen however strangely enough it is receiving signal (the monitor isn't going to sleep)) So I tried to install just kubuntu 8.10 and was able to go through the internet installation just fine until I rebooted and saw instead of it going into the AV wizard it hangs and drops me into a console (tty1)

At this point I'm totally stumped and would appreciate any help I can get.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh install boots into tty1?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »
Hi... a couple of things...

When installing from the latest snapshot, it is important that you use the "LMCE install" option. Was that the option you used? If so I am a little confused as to where it bombed. Also, make sure your internet connection is on Eth0.
I never quit... I just ping out.

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:42:48 am »
Unfortunately I had chosen linuxmce install and can confirm it got an ip address on eth0... Anyone else have any ideas?

william

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:23:56 pm »
got the same problem from my dvd installation, i cant install from dvd
but i installed the kubuntu from dvd, then used the internet installation instructions to download linuxmce onto kubuntu these can be found at
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Installing_0810 
i did this and install worked fine except that when i want to login to admin site i get a mysql 1064 error, see other posts, however it may work better for you if you want to give it a go