Author Topic: MC with current a/v system  (Read 2228 times)

tommatthews

• View Profile
MC with current a/v system
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:50 pm »
I am new to the media center concept.  I have a very nice a/v system and want to know if all of my components will connect to and be seen by the MC.  For example, I have my DVD player, CD player and Direct TV box all going into my Denon receiver.  Then I come out of my receiver to the monitor and the speakers.

Separately,  I have a DVD player as input to an SAE pre-amp, then out to the two SAE power amps and then out to my JBL speakers. 

These are two completely independent systems. 

Will this work with LinuxMCE?  Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: MC with current a/v system
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:05 am »
Hi. Welcome.

Other members of the board can answer in more detail, but yes, what you want is possible with LinuxMCE, and more.

Basically, you'll need to make device templates to control your AV devices either via RS232, Ethernet, or infra-red, and tell LinuxMCE how these devices are connected. LinuxMCE will then create media scenarios for them in the main menu as buttons, which will present remote controls, and switch inputs/etc automatically. You may also need to do some custom UI work in Designer depending on which features you wish to expose in the remote.

Have you watched the demo video?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2176025602905109829

-Thom