Author Topic: OTARadio scenario  (Read 2441 times)

mathieu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
OTARadio scenario
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:43:56 am »
Hi,

I have a OTARadio Scenario (FM radio of my receiver).
Choosing it brings up a dvd remote on UI1. The only commands that work here is Volume up and down and Mute.

I would like to add Presets to the remote for switching radio stations. Also removing all buttons not working or having a dedicated radio remote would be a good thing.

In Pluto_main in the Screen table, there is a RadioRemote (#84).
Is this something that can automatically appear on UI1 when choosing the OTARadio scenario?

br mathieu

EDIT: I stumbled on this wiki: http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Media_Remote_Controls

In de database Pluto_Main there is a table MediaType_DesignObj. FK_Screen of Mediatype #13 (OTARadio) is #77 (Generic DVD remote). Could it harm and change it to #84  ?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:56:56 am by mathieu »

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: OTARadio scenario
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:04:48 pm »
I'm in the process of setting this up. I need to make a new template for my receiver but found a quick fix in the mean time.

I'm using the Onkyo TX-SR304 template and all that was required is to select the A/V Properties and learn codes for 'skip back' and 'skip fwd'. Then your channels should work.

I've also been playing around trying to build a new template in HADesigner and if I can get my head around all that I want to start seeing what I can come up with including looking at the radio controls.

If you want setup HADesigner and go through Thoms videos which are great and help get up to speed pretty quickly on the system. Then you can alter and improve that screen :)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 02:05:43 pm »
In de database Pluto_Main there is a table MediaType_DesignObj. FK_Screen of Mediatype #13 (OTARadio) is #77 (Generic DVD remote). Could it harm and change it to #84  ?

Feel free to change it. Do a full regen after that on your Orbiter

mathieu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »
That was easy.

Changing FK_Screen to 84 gives a remote in UI1 with fewer buttons and the presets are accessable from a numerical keyboard.
Very nice.

There is also a device template FM-OTARadio (wich is linked with the device template of my receiver). Opening the template I find a drop down list to add  "Design Objects to use as remotes". Does this overrule the MediaType_DesignObj?

@Kezza: Good idea, will try that too.

br mathieu