I have finally Marantz SR5600 receiver at my desk and adding support for it under Pluto. I have pretty clear picture how to add support for it via GSD device. But I have a lot of further questions on how to properly add such support under Pluto so as many useful features of this devices could be used from Orbiters....
I have following features :
- TWO WAY Communication : I can communicate two way with receiver - that means that I can query status of almost all parameters and also switch on automatic status reporting (if user changes volume via knob on receiver - I get new volume level through rs232!!!!)
- MultiRoom feature : two speakers can be made to have independent source for music (that means basically two room audio (4+1 in one, and ordinary stereo in other)...
1. How to add receiver to Orbiters (media scenarios) so user can have as much control as possible of usefull features :
- are there any separate screens available for control of audio receivers ?
- where to put all media scenarios for such device ?
- how to put controls for FM radio tuner (where and how on floorplan to display for instance current volume and current FM frequency ?) Also, are there any special screens prepared for audio tuners or similar devices that need several buttons ?
2. How to add proper controls for multiroom feature of such devices (it basically can control two audio zones) - two icons, two rooms,
- how to add routing scenarios to Orbiters (so user can switch between different audio sources for both zones.... ) ?
Basically I have two devices in one. I have separate control for volume (channel B) and source (all sources that are available also in main room), so multiroom speakers can be connected to same or different source... I guess having embedded devices for this could be the right way, but need some guidance, cause all sorts of possible problems arise - for instance is channel B new entertainment area or not ?
3. Audio output from MD can be connected only to one A/V device's input. Is this true ? Any workarounds ?
I'd kindly ask for some guidance or any advice or suggestion how to implement such support. I'll post to Wiki detailed notes about this procedure and hopefully it will be easier to add support for other similar devices...
Thanks in advance,