Author Topic: webpad remote  (Read 2828 times)

rhormaza

• View Profile
webpad remote
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:39:41 am »
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to setup my satellite box (IQ model)and control it with the webpad orbiter, because I've got that box in another room.
At the moment, I've been able to power it on and off, vol up, down, mute...all those buttons have come with default remote that it appeared when I added the A/V device..
My big question now is ...even though I'm adding the 10 number keys and configuring the A/V dev with NO enter button, those keys don't work whatsoever, when I press them in the webpad orbiter..
So I'm wondering are those number buttons related with another A/V device???  ??? ???
So far, I'm been able to test almost everything from LinuxMCE like cams, phones, TV, video. However, I'm stuck in this from around a week..

Probably, My concepts about how to configure A/V are a bit incorrect or maybe not...
btw, I've been looking through wiki, forum, google, youtube, but I can't find anything really clarifier.

Many thanks in advance....
Raul

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: webpad remote
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:59:41 pm »
I had a similar issue and it was because I set up my capture card with MythTV instead of letting Sarah (setup Wizard) set it up.

Did you set it up manually or using Sarah the setup wizard?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »
If you want a specific remote, you'll need to design one in Designer for this device.

-Thom

rhormaza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 01:25:35 am »
Did you set it up manually or using Sarah the setup wizard?
Always manually, I'm not a big fan of wizards..anyway I'll give a shoot to the setup wizard and I let u  now...thanks for that  ;)

If you want a specific remote, you'll need to design one in Designer for this device.
so that means that there isn't way to make the (let's say generic) numpad to work...or it should be working anyway, and it's just something I did wrong?

I've been looking HADesigner too, because I'm planing to make a custom remote..but first I wanted something provisional that it could control the IQ box

many thanks  ;)