Author Topic: Tagging TV Shows  (Read 2158 times)

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
Tagging TV Shows
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:48:20 pm »
Hi All,

Tagging my DVD collection is not a problem and is great however,

i ripped my 'Series Friends DVD' with LMCE, so i got the .dvd,
now i want to tagg them with episode and title attribute,
so far i ripped 3 dvd's of season 1.
every dvd gets the same title attribute: 'friends season 1'
every dvd gets the episode attribute: 'episode 1-4' or 'episode 5-8' accordingly.
i have to switch the 'type'-field in the webadmin to 'Linuxmce Video File' to be able to select the episode tagg. is this the way to use?

it was my understanding that in the orbiter (UI1) you would see 1 entry 'friends season 1' and if you would select this entry you would see all the different episodes.
this unfortunately does not happen,
i get every dvd listed separately as 'friends season 1 - episode 1-4' and 'friends season 1 - episode 5-8' etc.

what am i doing wrong or is this supposed to work this way?

any suggestion or help in tagging my tv-shows is welcome,

br,
Raymond
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Tagging TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 10:53:58 pm »
Its more than likely the metadata source that is causing the irregular file naming. You said you are ripping the discs which tells me its using the automatic lookup. I think thats based on Amazon at the moment.

Now the behavior your talking about on orbiter is a different beast alltogether. What you describe (and what i have thrashed my system trying to include) is a filter based on program. It would filter from Program -> seasons -> episodes by title and number within said season. I have only gotten so far as to make my router crash, which tells me im making progress. Anyways, point is, that sort of functionality does not currently exist and as such, i keep my libraries in a hierarchy that lends itself to this type of filtering naturally when using 'file' sort mode.

I wouldn't say you are doing anything wrong, just exposing things that could use improvement.

Hth,
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging TV Shows
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 11:23:53 pm »
every dvd gets the same title attribute: 'friends season 1'
every dvd gets the episode attribute: 'episode 1-4' or 'episode 5-8' accordingly.
i have to switch the 'type'-field in the webadmin to 'Linuxmce Video File' to be able to select the episode tagg. is this the way to use?

sorry, for not making this clear but the above was all done manually.

Anyways, point is, that sort of functionality does not currently exist and as such, i keep my libraries in a hierarchy that lends itself to this type of filtering naturally when using 'file' sort mode.

will it be included in the future?
one way could be expanding the numbers of attributes in the Orbiter and maybe look at how music is presented:
artist -> album ->song, thats all you need!

for me now i think i tagg as much ass possible and use filters, its not that hard getting used too.
i think i will rip the whole disk and tag them with episode 1-4 as i discribed or rip episode by episode, if i can find a easy way.
if you have any suggestions, i am happy to hear.

thanks
br,
Raymond
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.