Author Topic: Suggestion for new forum category "DIY Home Installations"  (Read 7421 times)

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for new forum category "DIY Home Installations"
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »
Thank you Langston.

I've been thinking about making some howto videos in the near future when time permits. Such as...

- Howto: Construct a rear mounting MD casing for any TV screen with a VESA mount (with slot loading DVD drive).
- Howto: Mount a TV on the wall with MD hidden behind (again with a slot loading DVD drive).
- Howto: Make a wall-mounted orbiter (surface mounted, inspired by Techstyle's framing idea - would love to do a removable flush-fitting one, but I currently live in rented accommodation)
- Howto: Install a new back box (e.g. for z-wave light switch) and make good the wall (having destroyed it).
- Howto: Build a single/double bed with integrated "stowable" flat screen TV and MD.
- Howto: Build a waterproof bathroom MD/orbiter (combined touchscreen device?)
- Howto: Make your own ceiling speakers using multimedia speakers (avoids having an amp to hide away).
- Howto: Build your own charging cradle/stand for your mobile orbiter.

Any others that people might like to see?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:41:43 am by purps »
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »
Another Idea is to start filling out the wiki as well with this information. I've looked, and there are wiki modules to include youtube videos on the page. I personally think this would be an outstanding addition to our wiki as videos that many of the developers and users have made would provide an extra dimension of insight into the issue at hand and linuxmce as a whole while employing youTube's bandwidth and visibility. If the wiki admin happens by this post, please consider this idea seriously. You can message me for the specifics, but they are easily located with a google search.

have a nice day
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 11:02:03 am »
So they would actually appear embedded in the wiki? That sounds really good, for all videos. Would certainly make the wiki more eye-catching. I imagine that having an overview video on the main page of the wiki and/or on the main home page as well would generate a bit more interest in LMCE.

I've just seen that there is a video section in "Gallery" on the home page, but it only contains 1 video, and it doesn't work on my computer. Does it work for anybody else?
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps