Author Topic: Huluplayer proxy  (Read 4134 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Huluplayer proxy
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:51 pm »
Hia,
as known, hulu server blocks access from outside the US.
I've read that it's possible to access it's contents via available proxies.
Is there a way to define a proxy only for hulu player?
TIA
Paulo

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Huluplayer proxy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 03:51:28 pm »
Bump. If there isn't then it should be a feature request.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:50:17 pm »
due to potential legal issues, this is a topic that probably should not be discussed here.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:41:59 pm »
Just about every network application out there has proxy support, it's basically a standard feature. There are plenty of legal reasons to use a proxy other than DRM circumvention.

I'm writing from a country where it isn't (YET) illegal to discuss such things - I appologize for endangering those for whom it is, but I'm a firm believer in "information wants to be free", and I'll be saddened if LinuxMCE isn't all that it can be just because of the $#%(* RIAA/MIAA.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:14:36 pm »
Sorry to disagree, but there is nothing ilegal in using a proxy, and the question still remains: is it possible to define for hulu only a proxy, and if yes, how can it be done?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:16:38 pm by pw44 »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:45:51 pm »
Currently not, no. Hulu Desktop is a black box.

-Thom

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:16:43 pm »
Oh I am a firm believer in that as well davygravy, but just trying to make sure we stay out of the spotlight :)
as long as there is no discussion of exactly what proxy to use and exactly what it is being used for, we should be ok.

davidsmoot

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:21:23 pm »
I know that VPN tunnels can be used in countries with internet censorship like China.  It would probably be an expensive way to get your Hulu fix but you could pay a provider to give you a VPN tunnel endpoint in the states.  Of course Hulu could very easily just fight back by blocking all traffic from one of these providers.

David

patmankn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:29 pm »
...well is there a solution to setup a route that says "if you want to go to a hulu-address (ip-range), use the vpn gateway (if not available, set up a vpn line), otherwise use the default gateway."

Is this a problem? Any of you already set up something like this?

Patrick
Hybrid: MSI MS-7329,Nvidia 6150 onboard,AMD BE-2400,2gb RAM,Sharp Aqous LE 37X20E via MD Zotoc Ion Synergy,Terratec 1200 & Cinergy DT USB Diversity DVB-T, KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C,WebDT366,Fiire Chief http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Patmankn

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 12:56:04 pm »
Would this be of any help https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AY-zDhP4MbQ1ZGs5aHhnal8xZzI2MmRtZDc&hl=en&authkey=CPH9xc0I
"...about this trick to enable international viewing of Hulu. This method doesn’t rely on proxies (which are often slow, or full of ads) or other complicated traffic routing, all you have to do is modify your Firefox headers to spoof an IP address in the US and block a few ports.  Awesome!"