Author Topic: New Install but multiple database entries for same TV card  (Read 3929 times)

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
New Install but multiple database entries for same TV card
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:58 pm »
I completed a new install this morning, opted for a web install, as I got similar issues with various snapshots.

My issue is when I add a tuner card, either a HVR-1600 or PVR-150, two entries are entered into capturecard and cardinput tables within the mythcoverg DB - noticed this initially when going into myth-setup on the computing tab, saw eight 8 cards but only had added four 4 (this was initial build). Re-installed with only one card in the MD, the HVR-1600, same problem, two cards entered /dev/video0 and another /dev/video0(failed reading card) another attempt it came up /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, re-did the install again, without adding the card why building the MD, same issue when I added the card. If the cards are deleted in myth-setup (through computing link) and one card is added, on a router reload, or when mthfilldatabase finishs, the additional card is entered again. Went into the DB removed the additional entries from the mentioned tables; were re-added on another router reload or when mythfilldatabase finishes.

Any thoughts, I looked at the setup script and the HVR-1600 script, but for the "life of me", it did not ring any bells.

I am not in the US or Canada, as such I do have to go in and configure myth.

Thanks in advance, attempting to take in the match Spain vs Holland the old fashion way, cable box hook up to TV. :D

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New Install but multiple database entries for same TV card
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:21:34 am »

Its not setting up a extra virtual tuner per card by chance? http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex

Might be a long shot and I'm not at my machine to check if mine has more than one. Would be great if installed 2 per tuner by default so long as it works :)

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:32:39 pm »
That would be cool for the HVR-1600 as they have both digital and analog - only thing would be to fix that other input to match the digital portion of the tuner, left then is the pvr-150; started a re-install after the soccer(football) game yesterday, will be re-attempting tonight, will let you know.

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:54:42 am »
This is not an option with the HVR-1600

Hit me up in the irc channel and lets take alook at your config, it might be a case that you have an old DT where i was testing something and commited the data

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 10:27:43 pm »
Ok I believe I am on the IRC, was in office yesterday

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 02:48:37 pm »
MANDINGO

What/which config would you like me to post?

I have looked at the following and checked the DCERouter.log attempted to do a reload, and looked at a few log files, but to this date, no luck. I also tried deleting for example the 500 and 150, but to no avail, they are just re-added on a next router reload.

CaptureCards_Utils.sh
CaptureCards_SelectInput_HVR-1600.sh
CaptureCards_BootConfig_PVR-250.sh
CaptureCards_SelectInput_PVR-250.sh

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 03:50:06 pm »
I believe my issue resolved, got Mandingo on the IRC who assisted tremendously yesterday.

I tested last night, with my pvr-500 card and the hvr-1600 (2) and they all worked well, did not get any duplicates even after a router reload, a full reload and full regen, nor when you get the prompt that mythtv is ready - all instances were the duplicate use to return - this is even after choosing option yes for the 1600's and the 500 on the orbiter to be configured. What I got for the machine with the 1600's, was that the input was set to a value that does not exist when exiting mytht-setup, but I had not added any videosource to the respective cards; would not be using the digital portion of the 1600's, in my portion of the Caribbean we still broadcast anolog.
Solution

It was simple, changing the Device Template (DT) for the 500 card and the 150, to remove automatic configuration, will post some screen shots (or the exact column) when I reach home tonight; unfortunately have to be in office for the day.

For the hvr-1600 simple changing the DT, the portion where it say (you would see the INSERT first in the small window)
INSERT INTO `capturecard`(videodevice,cardtype,defaultinput,hostname) VALUES ('/dev/video0','MPEG', 'Tuner 1', '<%=HOST%>'),('/dev/video1','MPEG', 'Tuner 1', '<%=HOST%>');
to
INSERT INTO `capturecard`(videodevice,cardtype,defaultinput,hostname) VALUES ('/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0','DVB','DVBInput', '<%=HOST%>'),  ('/dev/video0','MPEG', 'Tuner 1', '<%=HOST%>');

Thanks again; have to finish building out MD's ensure all is working and make my wife happy again.