Author Topic: X10 CM19A  (Read 44800 times)

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
Re: X10 CM19A
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 09:53:59 pm »
Do latest LinuxMCE snapshots support CM19A out of the box, or should I buy CM11 and be a little more patient for CM19A?
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent

karelvdm

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2010, 07:49:52 am »
Valent,

CM15Ais a better option and is allready supported.

Karel

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010, 09:08:27 am »
Valent,

Karel

Thank you!

CM15A wasn't listed in X10 devices in WIKI, just as an tutorial article. I added missing categories so now you can see CM15A on WIKI:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Category:X10

Are there some other X10 devices that you know that are working but aren't listed in the X10 wiki page? We can work together to fix and create missing X10 pages so WIKI becomes more usable also for others.

Cheers,
Valent.

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2010, 02:54:32 pm »
Valent,

Karel

Valent,

Looks like I subconciosly logged in as the first account that I originally created.......  ;D I forgot the password and the email adres i used then isnt working anymore. So I couldn't retrieve my password. Hari could delete that account karelvdm. Back to the topic.

Currently I have;
CM11SA
3x PLC-R2263E to control lights
1x PLC-R2268HE for fluorescent light
1x TM13SA for RF signal communication for Motion sensors
2x MS13E2 Motion sensor
1x UM7206 this is a universal module that acst as a relay/dry contact switch. Controlling my electric/automated gate.
The "SA" behind the CM11SA and TM13SA is just indication that its suitable for the South African market. 220V

Karel

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2010, 11:16:43 am »
Karel this information is pure gold! Thank you for this info.

I added one South African X10 shop to our wiki:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Where_to_Buy#Africa

If you know some more shops please add them on the WIKI.

Also it would be very helpful for others if you could help edit WIKI and add X10 have on your WIKI page and also to add any X10 serial and USB controllers that you know that work ok with LinuxMCE.

Cheers from Croatia,
Valent.

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 03:26:58 am »
Just wanted to check on status for support of the CM19A, or any developments still in progress?

I ordered a CM15A, and they sent me a CM19A / TM751 combo instead, claiming they were out of stock on the 15a, and saying that this combo was equal or better (yeah, sure it is...).

I've chatted with them, as well as called them up about it, and they've promised to send me the 15a as soon as it's back in stock, but it sounded like hot air.

In the meantime, I'm stuck with this 19a, so I was just hopin'...

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 03:42:29 am »
My CM15A worked 3 months ago with 0810, we are moving so it is in a box .

I have some TM751's and they work also

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:39 pm »
I know this thread is a little old, but is still relevant. Is the CM19a supported now?

or should i stick with getting a CM15a? Main reason i ask is my core doesn't have a serial port, meaning I would need to install a PCI card...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
Honestly, if you have a choice, I would recommend ditching X-10 entirely, and at least going Z-Wave or Insteon.

The CM19 is not supported, as nobody has written code for it. Feel free to do so if you wish.

-Thom

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 03:57:50 am »
Mochad <http://mochad.sourceforge.net/> is a good project to use to create a driver.  From the wiki,

Everything sent by mochad appears on netcat standard output. In the simplest use case, mochad/netcat can be used to see X10 PL and RF activity. For example, run mochad on one host with a CM15A(CM19a) then connect to it using netcat from a netbook. Walk around with various X10 RF remote controls and the netbook to see which remotes work from various locations.

<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mochad/index.php?title=Main_Page>

I'm using it with Misterhouse right now, and would need to port that to LMCE.  I'm using it with X10 RF keypads to trigger scenes, and to send commands to devices behind Arc Fault Breakers (haven't converted everything to Insteon yet. 

Thom,  what would be the best method to implement a driver using mochad, given that netcat is normally used to send and receive data from mochad (which then handles the interaction with the CM15/19a)?

Thanks!

/Mike

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 04:53:59 am »
The most correct approach for mochad is to wrap the C in the C++ provided by our DCE driver.

If you look on the wiki, under Developing a DCE Device, you'll see an article detailing how to set things up so that this can be done, as well as an explanation of the device template, its parameters, etc.

At the other end of the spectrum, would be a GSD device, that launches mochad, and talks to it via its pipe.

-Thom

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »
I know this thread is a little old, but is still relevant. Is the CM19a supported now?

or should i stick with getting a CM15a? Main reason i ask is my core doesn't have a serial port, meaning I would need to install a PCI card...

my CM15a is USB?

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2012, 03:51:48 am »
The most correct approach for mochad is to wrap the C in the C++ provided by our DCE driver.
-Thom

Thom, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying it would be best to take the mochad C source code functions, and put those into the C++ functions provided by the DCE driver, correct?  Or are you meaning to wrap the binary like the General Info plugin wraps the mailx binary?  I'm not a C programmer by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm just looking to clarify my understanding of which direction you're pointing me in ;-)

Thanks!

/Mike

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 07:50:30 am »
I am referring to wrapping the C functions into the C++ driver. This would minimize the dependencies needed, although feel free to implement in whatever fashion you feel is most comfortable.

-Thom

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »
Thom,

Mochad is GPL v3.  Is there any issue with rolling it's code into a DCE device driver, which I think is GPL v2?  I plan on contacting the author of Mochad as well, to see if he has any issues with rolling it into LMCE.

If all's good there, I'll likely implement it as a C++ driver, and as a GSD.  It'll give me some experience with both, and there's a possible use case of the GSD with a remote mochad instance running on another computer/embedded device.

Would it be sufficient for me to set up a chrooted dev environment, or do you recommend a separate development environment (VM).  I'm not running production workload on my LMCE instance at this point in time, so I'm not overly concerned about it.

Thanks for your time!

/Mike