Author Topic: HDHomerun DVBT Australian version  (Read 4083 times)

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
HDHomerun DVBT Australian version
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:18:01 am »
I have just purchased a HDHomerun DVBT Australian version.

I have installed and tuned channels into this with the software that came with the device for windows.

When I try to set this up in Mythtv I installed the tuners and assigned the channels to it that I already scanned with my DTV2000H, changing tuners in Mythtv using "Y" has some issues however I managed to open PIP and the HDHomerun does not receive a lock on the channels.

After this I removed my DVT2000H and all of the channels and started with Mythtv from scratch, add the HDHomerun both tuners configure the Video Sources and Input Connections scan for channels it appears that the HDHomerun receives a channel lock the tuner light flashes on in the front when the Locked is displayed at the top of Mythtv however upon completion of the scan Mythtv comes up with "No new channels found"

Has anyone had any success or possibly know what might be causing the issue, I also have Mythtv install on a FC 13 laptop and it has the same issue.

Thanks

Jamie

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HDHomerun DVBT Australian version
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:25:50 pm »
Sorry - no idea why, but I can confirm mine works fine (Melb Aus). Configured using mythtv backend... All channels found and operational.

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:23:47 am »
Wombiroller

Thanks for your reply, I will keep investigating this.

Can you advise if you had to install any additional drivers to get this working or did it work out of the box.

Thanks

Jamie.

gonesurfing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 11:50:45 am »
hi
i am based in sydney and also have the hdhomerun working in myth unfortunity i am not sure how to fix your setup
steve

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 02:07:50 pm »
Nope - had to configure in mythtv backend but that was it...

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 08:48:28 am »
Thanks guys

I did a reinstall of linuxmce and everything is now up and running properly.

I think however the issue was caused by the HDHomerun obtaining a IP address from my ADSL model, and not from Linuxmce.

As soon as I plugged the HDHomerun into the network with the ADSL modem disconnected LinuxMCE picked it up straight away.

Thanks again.

Jamie

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 12:58:23 pm »
Thanks guys

I did a reinstall of linuxmce and everything is now up and running properly.

I think however the issue was caused by the HDHomerun obtaining a IP address from my ADSL model, and not from Linuxmce.

As soon as I plugged the HDHomerun into the network with the ADSL modem disconnected LinuxMCE picked it up straight away.

Thanks again.

Jamie

Sounds like you might not have the network configured correctly. You can't have 2 DHCP servers on the same network - this will screw lots of stuff up. See this chart (Network After LinuxMCE is Installed) for what it should look like:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Network_Setup

;)