Author Topic: Using Insteon devices with LinuxMCE V8 Beta 2.5+  (Read 2008 times)

dlw

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Using Insteon devices with LinuxMCE V8 Beta 2.5+
« on: July 09, 2010, 01:27:26 am »
Can anybody confirm that the Insteon devices work with the latest version of LinuxMCE?   I'm looking to implement a lighting system and would like to use the Insteon system because it looks to be very popular in the US and Canada.  Can you tell me what USB / Serial device that you have connected to LinuxMCE?    Thank you in advance!!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Using Insteon devices with LinuxMCE V8 Beta 2.5+
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 01:36:20 am »
We have a driver for the Insteon PLM written as a GSD device in Ruby. This device is automatically detected, and is bidirectional.

I do not have an Insteon setup here, I use Z-Wave, but we did work with the original developer to check in the code into our database.

-Thom

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
Re: Using Insteon devices with LinuxMCE V8 Beta 2.5+
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:40:54 am »
Can anybody confirm that the Insteon devices work with the latest version of LinuxMCE?   I'm looking to implement a lighting system and would like to use the Insteon system because it looks to be very popular in the US and Canada.  Can you tell me what USB / Serial device that you have connected to LinuxMCE?    Thank you in advance!!

You can also hit the wiki and see who uses Insteon devices and try to talk with then directly and see what is their experience.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent